PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Passenger Door Ajar

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 12:01 AM
Angry Passenger Door Ajar

For about 3 weeks I have had to deal with this VERY annoying issue. "Passenger Door Ajar" message displays on the dash panel, the interior lights flash on and off, the warning chime comes on and off, and the doors try to unlock. I took it to the dealer who stated that I needed a door lock actuator. I had the passenger side replaced. $250 later, the problem was not fixed. I had the driver side actuator replace. $250 later still not fixed. I read through some forums which stated that BCM may be the problem. $1,000 later, I just drove off the dealer's lot and guess what...the problem is still not fixed. What now?

Old 07-06-2011, 12:02 AM

Forgot to add, this is a 2004 H2

Old 07-07-2011, 10:34 AM

I would be happy to look into this further for you. In order to do so, I will need some more specific information from you. If you could please send me your full name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, current mileage, and dealer name via private message or email, I will be able to take further steps. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Peggy, didn't you learn your lesson at the other forum??

You are worthless and help nobody, even the rubes dumb enough to give you their full name, address, and VIN.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Muddydawg75
Ahahaha!

In regards to the original post... I've got to ask the question...

Did you try shutting the passenger door?

Last edited by beitodesstrafe; 07-07-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:58 PM

I'm not an H2 guy by any means. Do they have door pin switches? If so replace the $10 part and see if that is your issue.

Either way it sounds like whatever sends the door ajar signal to the light/BCM has the issue. If you can figure out what sends the signal (pin switch/ground/etc) you may be able to solve the problem. The "flicker" you get is due to a bad contact that is open then closed and open again.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Muddydawg75

You are worthless and help nobody, even the rubes dumb enough to give you their full name, address, and VIN.
So Gmcustemerservice is just fishing for people's info & vin number? that's just pathetic!

Old 07-07-2011, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

yeah... then she tells you to call the dealer... and in this case the dealer has already socked the dude for a grand and has not fixed jack ****... hence why he is here... and why forums exist...

It's going to be a cold day in hell before I take my deuce to a pimple faced UTI grad with a couple ASE patches....

Old 07-11-2011, 09:58 PM

I was hopeful peggy would stay on the other forum, I see peggy finally made it here.

Well it wont take long before the ban hits again

Old 07-11-2011, 10:19 PM

ROFL...obviously Peggy is going thru the ...retraining... here on HF! Maybe eventually she will get the message!? If not..maybe a bigger rolling pin!

Quick Reply: Passenger Door Ajar