PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Offset question with fabtech lift...

Old 09-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Default Offset question with fabtech lift...

So I decided I want a fabtech 6" lift...I'm concerned that my rims will not work with the lift. I have 20" x 9.5 ballistic jester black wheels with -12 offset and nitto mud grappler tires 37x 13.50 20...will my rims work with a fabtech 6" lift... here is the fabtech lift I'm looking at on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2005-Hu...deab87&vxp=mtr

Last edited by Caraddict; 09-08-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:00 PM

I'm not sure what the kit requires the wheel offset to be,but If you get screwed and can't use your wheels you can have adapters built to space them out a bit and still be hubcentric. So not a total loss either way. Just dont go taking your h2 to the monster truck rally and jumping buses with it and you will be fine.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by H2CANEPADESIGN
I'm not sure what the kit requires the wheel offset to be,but If you get screwed and can't use your wheels you can have adapters built to space them out a bit and still be hubcentric. So not a total loss either way. Just dont go taking your h2 to the monster truck rally and jumping buses with it and you will be fine.
Lol I won't be jumping anything...I really do not want to put spacers on my wheels...

Old 09-09-2012, 12:10 AM

you need -24mm for fabtech. I'd contact westkycustoms. Those guys been selling wheels on ebay for years. They probably have the same wheel in the -24mm offset. Its an extra half inch you really need.

My **** is tight, no way I'd take a half inch of clearance off what I have.

Call or email them, catch it before they ship.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by bflorin
you need -24mm for fabtech. I'd contact westkycustoms. Those guys been selling wheels on ebay for years. They probably have the same wheel in the -24mm offset. Its an extra half inch you really need.

My **** is tight, no way I'd take a half inch of clearance off what I have.

Call or email them, catch it before they ship.
No way I'm buying another set of wheels...that's about a grand plus mounting/dismounting...I know IDE get some $ back selling them but that's just a long road I'm not ready to take at this point... So I need 1/2 inch to run a fabtech...what's your thoughts on these spacers mentioned above? I found a lot of choices on eBay
Wheel spacers h2 | eBay as big as 2"

Old 09-09-2012, 09:06 AM

****, you just bought them yesterday off ebay. Those pictures on their auctions have been the same pics for years. Its a regular shop, I doubt they were even open past noon and I bet they're not even mounted yet. Just call them up, shoot them an email and ask if you can get those rims in a different offset. I'm sure they can accomidate you on this. Shouldn't cost you anything.

If not you need 1/2" spacers. I hate spacers simply because your adding 4 extra points of potential issues, and instead of 32 lugnuts to worry about- you will have 64.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by bflorin
****, you just bought them yesterday off ebay. Those pictures on their auctions have been the same pics for years. Its a regular shop, I doubt they were even open past noon and I bet they're not even mounted yet. Just call them up, shoot them an email and ask if you can get those rims in a different offset. I'm sure they can accomidate you on this. Shouldn't cost you anything.

If not you need 1/2" spacers. I hate spacers simply because your adding 4 extra points of potential issues, and instead of 32 lugnuts to worry about- you will have 64.
I bought my rims month ago... so spacers it is I guess...should I do 1/2 inch or go bigger?

Old 09-09-2012, 10:14 AM

Bflorin is worried about the extra shear points you add to the studs when you use spacers. the first two that you see on that ebay link with the studs included are actually adapters and you wont have the extra shear points that you should be worried about. It is alot of hardware and weight to add but it will work and it wont be a safety/strength issue.

If you can get the right ones great, if not then use the adapters. I don't think they make them in sizes as small as a 1/2 inch though. They have to be thick enough to accomodate the O.E. stud.

Old 09-09-2012, 01:18 PM

Bflorin is worried about the extra shear points you add to the studs when you use spacers. the first two that you see on that ebay link with the studs included are actually adapters and you wont have the extra shear points that you should be worried about. It is alot of hardware and weight to add but it will work and it wont be a safety/strength issue.

If you can get the right ones great, if not then use the adapters. I don't think they make them in sizes as small as a 1/2 inch though. They have to be thick enough to accomodate the O.E. stud.
Yeah I understand all that...don't really want spacers but there's no way I'm buying rims again...other option is a rancho lift but I really like the fabtech better....

Old 09-09-2012, 01:22 PM

4 pcs 1/2" Thick | 8x6.5 / 8x170 Wheel Spacers | Billet Aluminum Heavy Duty 8Lug | eBay 1/2 spacer but not adapter... Couldn't I get these and put longer studs on

Last edited by Caraddict; 09-09-2012 at 01:24 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Offset question with fabtech lift...