Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Odd blinker behavior after adding headlight kit. Hummer God’s please help (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/odd-blinker-behavior-after-adding-headlight-kit-hummer-god%92s-please-help-39239/)

EVILKING 01-12-2018 12:57 AM

Odd blinker behavior after adding headlight kit. Hummer God’s please help

OK so I’m not even exactly sure how to explain I will try. Today I put in an aftermarket headlight kit. Took the old headlights out and put the new ones in wire them all up and thought everything was good.

There are the kind of headlight that are projection bulbs but also have halos that act his blinkers in them as well. So here’s where it gets weird. So all of my blinkers work correctly except my passenger side for whatever reason the front blinker (not the side marker one) Is now out of sync with the other ones. And not matching up with the other blinkers.
I’m hoping there’s a way to post a video here because it’s really hard to explain without showing someone.

Has this happened to any of you guys? I can’t even wrap my head around what would cause this and I’m fairly good with vehicles

Any and all help is appreciated....thank you guys

EVILKING 01-12-2018 09:54 AM

I guess the best way to explain it is the front passenger turn signal is coming on with the side marker when they blink....but they are suppose to alternate back and forth. Not sure if this is a relay problem. I did blow a fuse when I installed that side but replaced it.

emericr 01-14-2018 10:29 AM

I am sorry but I can't help with your issue but I just did an LED conversion and I have not made any connection related to the turn signal. I have a little red connector that I assume needs to be tapped to the OEM blinker wiring, Could you share what you did to connect it as it's a cool feature to have the headlight blink when you activate your turn signal.
Thanks in advance and hope you get your issue resolved.

LoJac963 01-14-2018 02:15 PM

If you can easily disconnect the turn signal portion of the passenger headlight I would do that and see if the passenger turn signal and the passenger front side marker blink opposite of each other as they should. Then try wiring back in the blinker in the new passenger light and see if they go back to blinking together. If so there would be an issue with the light. If you have jumper wires-the ones will alligator clamps on each end it would save you a lot of time.

EVILKING 01-16-2018 03:57 PM

Still not working right but here’s what I’ve done. So far I’ve checked every fuse (under the hood and in the cab), switched the lightbulbs around then switch the sockets that they go into around still same problem.

But here’s the odds stuff that I found. I noticed on the light that is working correct the blib has two filaments and while blinking the top one stays on and the bottom one blinks, now on the side that’s not working correctly the top one is blinking and the bottom one never comes on....hold on it gets more odd....
Now on the side that is not working correctly if I pull the wiring connection off of the bulb socket and test with a test light the blinker is working correctly and matches the rest of the lights but as soon as I plug it back into the bulb socket it goes back to not matching up.

So then I just pulled the bulb out of the socket and tested the inside of where the bulb makes contact to the metal inside the socket and again with the bulb works correctly but as soon as I put the bulb back in it goes back to not matching up.

This ones got me pretty confused at this point. The signal is there and working correctly but when the socket is plugged in it goes back to not matching the rest.

oceanbrave 01-17-2018 05:29 AM

Swap the bulbs over?

EVILKING 01-18-2018 07:10 AM

I did try that already. Still same problem

oceanbrave 01-19-2018 08:48 AM

Not sure if you have a diagram, but here is one I've found. What are the rear markers doing?

Mmy H2 front indicators are indeed out-of-phase with the side markers but then my Humme's been converted for the UK market (no flashing stops allowed)

The diagram seems to show them always in-phase so not sure how they manage alternate.

Hopefully you have all the wiring diagrams?

Perhaps there is a physical problem with the socket, i.e. something shorting or touching when the bulb is inserted?

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hum...75f3856b32.png

EVILKING 01-20-2018 08:33 AM

Ok well the backs are out of phase (meaning side marker blinks and then the rear brake marker blinks)
As far as I know that’s what all supposed to be out of phase. It should alternate between side marker and front back and forth and same in rear the one. It’s only my passenger front that they are “in phase” not in sync.

After scouring the internet for a while I found that this has happened to the Jeep guys too but they never came up with a fix.

Can’t figure it out so I just ordered a new turn signal relay just to test and see if somehow this could be the problem.

It’s weird. I always though that signals we set up very easy but this ones got me scratching my head.

I gotta figure out how to post a vid here to show you guys

EVILKING 01-27-2018 01:58 PM

Hey guys. Final update.

Figured it out. When I had installed my new headlights that also had the blinker incorporated into it the ground to the front marker light that blinks had broke and split then retracted back into the plastic sheath so i could no longer see it. I took the whole thing apart today and noticed that the front marker light had three wires coming out of it but I could only see two coming out of the plastic sheath.

So there it is guys.....if this happens to any of you now you know what causes it. the ground makes the blinkers reverse if disconnected.

Thanks for trying to help everyone.

Of course now My airbag light came on for no reason. LOL go figure