PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Northern Illinois area H2 mechanics?

Old 01-19-2013, 05:19 PM
Default Northern Illinois area H2 mechanics?

I have a 2006 H2 in the northern Illinois area (Palatine) and need a new place for customization, maintenance, and repairs. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Old 01-19-2013, 08:11 PM

I live in mchenry and have a nice garage shop. What all do you need done?

Old 01-19-2013, 11:25 PM

Hi Goldenarm. I'm thinking about a supercharger -- I know, that means a forced transmission upgrade when my current one blows. So the work would be installing a Magna, perhaps. I'm also installing a Gobi rack and ladder but that's simple. I'm putting in a sound system. Those are the top items on my list. The supercharger may drop off the list if I get any sense.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:28 AM

Ive thought about getting that myself. In the end, i started looking at totaled out silverado/sierras with a duramax. You can pick one up for about 8k. Then you have everything you need to do a duramax conversion. You can scrap the duramax chassis when ur done and sell your gas motor/trans and come out pretty good... Quite an undertaking though... More so than bolting on a supercharger. I think that supercharger is 5-6k. How many miles does your hummer have? That would also be a decieding factor. I wouldnt mess with the trans if you do supercharge it. Run it...its not going to put more stress on it than towing. I know a guy that owns a marina and uses his h2 to tow on a daily basis and its fine. If it does go out fix it then. As far a systems go have you checked out the jl stealthbox? Pretty slick, doesnt take up any cargo room...

Old 01-20-2013, 08:30 AM

I just ordered the edge evolution cs programmer... Its supposed to be able to change the shift pattern and firmness...should add some life to the trans. Ill let u know how it works

Old 01-20-2013, 10:37 AM

Thanks for the information and advice. I have about 88K on it. I'm going to look into the CS programmer. Actually I just replaced the transmission after it blew in northern ontario over the holiday. I decided to keep the H2 and am reinvesting in it instead of replacing it.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:49 AM

The best thing i added to mine was corsa exhaust with the offroad tip thats hidden under the truck like the stock exhaust... Sounds really good with no drone. Worth every penny...

Old 01-20-2013, 10:30 PM

I'll look into it. Thanks!

Old 01-22-2013, 11:39 AM

Might want a better trans cooler and torque converter but If it was just bebuilt I'd Probably assume they replaced the torque converter already. You will love the magnacharger.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:34 AM

Thanks H2CANEPADESIGN!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Northern Illinois area H2 mechanics?