Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   Hummer H2 SUT (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h2-sut-18/)
-   -   No power seat or heater (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h2-sut-18/no-power-seat-heater-36336/)

H2Miami 01-20-2016 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by GroceryGettinH2 (Post 333128)
After researching online, I came across 2 possible issues: the fuse listed above (which was not the issue for me) and the connector under the drivers seat (this was my issue)

I would lose both seat heaters, along with no memory or power at all to the drivers seat. There is a connector underneath the drivers seat, on the floor to the left side. Try wiggling this around and retry the seat. If it doesn't work the first time, keep trying.

I did this for a month or 2 before it became almost impossible to get it to work again. Took it to the dealer and part of the connector was burned out. Since they no longer make it, they simply bypassed the connector with the 1 wire in question. This was a few weeks ago and no issues since.

Problem fixed . At least for now ... move couple plugs on the rear of the seat and bingo ... will wait for the problem to came back to check exactly wich plug is then rewire ... thx

GroceryGettinH2 01-21-2016 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by H2Miami (Post 333142)
Problem fixed . At least for now ... move couple plugs on the rear of the seat and bingo ... will wait for the problem to came back to check exactly wich plug is then rewire ... thx

Glad to hear it!

Just so you know exactly which one it is (or at least was for me). Move the seat forward . On the floor, on the left side will be the connector. On mine, there is a hard plastic "cover" that goes over the top of it and clips into a metal tab that surrounds where the connector is laying on the floor. This cover is fairly easy to pop off.

H2Miami 01-22-2016 08:04 AM

Exactly same here. Is there an specific wire to jump ore the whole plug

GroceryGettinH2 01-22-2016 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by H2Miami (Post 333171)
Exactly same here. Is there an specific wire to jump ore the whole plug

On mine, the dealer said just part of the connector was burnt and they only bypassed the 1 wire where the damage was, leaving the rest of the connector as is.

H2Miami 01-22-2016 07:19 PM

Thanks . I will give a check tomorrow if it stop raining

H2Miami 01-23-2016 02:09 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by GroceryGettinH2 (Post 333187)
On mine, the dealer said just part of the connector was burnt and they only bypassed the 1 wire where the damage was, leaving the rest of the connector as is.

Dude you are a genius. ... problem solve
Attachment 9255

Attachment 9256

Attachment 9257

GroceryGettinH2 01-23-2016 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by H2Miami (Post 333205)
Dude you are a genius. ... problem solve
Attachment 9255

Attachment 9256

Attachment 9257

Awesome!

Glad I could help you out and hopefully anyone in the future as well (especially with your pics now)!

edhodges77 02-09-2019 11:16 AM

I too have had issues with my driver's seat on my '07 H2. It started out intermittent, then stopped working all together. No seat movement in any axis, no heat on either driver's or passenger's side, yet the door memory buttons still continued to operate the mirrors. All of these functions are controlled by the memory control module which is located underneath the driver's seat. Power for your seat movement functions, and seat heater functions, are provided by a main circuit and branch circuit. The main circuit provides power thru a 50 amp canister type fuse located in your engine compartment fuse box. This fuse is red, and is marked MBEC (Mid Bussed Electrical Center). Consult your owner's manual for a diagram of your engine compartment fuse box to assist in locating this fuse. It should be obvious if this fuse is toast. If not, remove it and use an ohmmeter to check for continuity thru the fuse. If this fuse is blown, you will have no power to any function of your driver's seat, and your passenger door functions will also be dead. Seat heat power is delivered via a branch circuit downstream of the MBEC fuse, and this circuit contains a circuit breaker with thermal reset. If the seat heat circuit draws too much amperage, this breaker will open and allow the circuit wiring to cool to a point at which the breaker will automatically re-energize and restore operation of the heat circuit. This circuit breaker is located adjacent to the driver's left foot, behind a removeable protective plastic cover. This is referred to in your owner's manual as the center instrument panel fuse block. There are metal-cased breakers at the lower left of this fuse block,, marked 25 and 30 (amp). The 30 amp breaker protects the seat heat circuit.=left
If you have lost heat and seat movement control, yet your door memory buttons will still move your mirrors to their preset position, you don't have any problem with either of these power circuits described above, and you don't have a dead memory module (located underneath your driver's seat.) Mirror movement proves your memory module is ok.=left
The first item you want to check if you have lost seat control is the connector that feeds all circuits to your driver seat. This connector is located on the floor, under your driver seat, at the left rear corner of the seat. There is a black protective cover over the connector which can be removed for access. This connector is anchored to a bracket and you will need a body plug removal tool or screwdriver to lift it from the bracket. Once you have access, and can see the connector, you should notice this one has two locking mechanisms. One is purple, and was added as additional protection against accidental release. Once this lock is pressed and removed, then you will release the second, traditional style lock. At this point, try and pull the connector apart...….. If the connector does not come apart with normal force, you have found your problem. The reason it will not separate is because it is melted together internally due to the heat generated by the ground wire that passes thru this plug. This ground wire passes all current thru the connector, and is subject to failure due to the great amount of heat generated in this wire. The ground is the 14 gauge black wire, located at the corner of the connector. I found that mine had actually generated enough heat that it opened the ground circuit, causing complete failure of the seat operation.=left
An easy fix is to just snip the black ground wire at both sides of the connector, and splice in a length of wire that bypasses the connector. Use wire that is equal to or greater than original. I recommend 10 to 12 gauge for this jumper.=left
=left
After implementing this fix, my seat has been operating flawlessly.

Lindashummer 01-18-2020 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by GroceryGettinH2 (Post 333207)
Awesome!

Glad I could help you out and hopefully anyone in the future as well (especially with your pics now)!

Awesome info! fixed my 2006 H2 by just jumping the black wire..just like the photos!

GroceryGettinH2 01-19-2020 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Lindashummer (Post 369423)
Awesome info! fixed my 2006 H2 by just jumping the black wire..just like the photos!

You're welcome!

Pretty cool to see it end up helping someone 4 years in the future lol