PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Newbie that needs your suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 07:59 AM

Wow I can not believe that a dealership jacked you that bad!! I would defiantly take the bill that your mechanic wrote up and make them complete all repairs that YOUR mechanic found. Maybe not threaten, but advise them they will hear from your attorney if they do not take full responsibility. They should be embarrassed that it come out the lot like that. I do not know your laws in your state, but it really upsets me when I hear that people get screwed over in the end. Sorry about your problems and what you are going though, you don't deserve, for that matter no one deserves to go though something like that.

Wish you best of luck.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:09 AM

I hope that there is a lemon law in your state so you can dangle that over their heads. I agree with above post, I'd do the same thing. either fix it all of we go to court.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:55 PM

Those things would not have been covered by extended warranty programs since they were pre existing when you bought it. How much did you pay for the car?

Old 06-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Unhappy Hummer should be fixed soon

Well - the latest - I am yet again sadly disappointed and disgusted by yet again another CAR dealership.

Thursday- it was "Yes, no problem, we will do whatever we need to to try and make this situation of your new car, not even 12 hours old, broken and undrivable - fixed", by the Ford dealership in Easton Ma.

Friday - well, let's see - 1rst scenario - "Weeeeell, how about we will give you 500.00 towards the $2800.00 repair, and $500.00 off the purchase of our extended warranty program for $2800.00". We said NO! and "GEE, how come you offer us the extended warranty NOW, when you told us 3 days ago we only could purchase it at the time of the sale?" No answer from the FORD dealership.

(The repair garage is allowing the FORD dealership to purchase parts for the repair, at dealer cost.) (nice of them - saves $1,000.00)

2nd scenario - "Weeeelll, how about we pay the repair bill, but you still pay $500.00 towards it."

At this point - I overheard my poor husband being flamboozled by these jerks. I started yelling - VERY LOUDLY - (while the husband sort of attempted to cover the phone) using key words such as "D.M.V of Massachusetts Dealer and Repairs Division Complaint form, Attorney Generals Office I had already spoken to, The Massachusetts Department of Consumer Affairs Department had already heard from me, and if you want to &$^* take me on, I'm willing and ready, I've already filled out the complaint form" - and some other explicitives I can't really go into as a "nice lady" on this forum. My husband said WE would call them back, after we discussed what we wanted to do.

I had done some research. Massachusetts state law, The Consumer Protection, Attorney General's Office had all told me in conversations: MA requires the Dealership to repair the vehicle, if we declare we want to keep it. The Dealership is allowed to charge up to $100.00. The repairs may not exceed 10% of the sales price, or they have the right to buy back the vehicle, or we have the right to return it. We have to give them the opportunity to fix it in their Dealership.

My husband called them back a little later, told them we would offer $100.00 off the repair, and that's the best we could do. Period. They could flatbed the truck back to their facility in Massachuesetts, or we could take the truck to a GM dealership right down the road, or it could be repaired for $1600.00 in the repair garage where the truck currently had to be left, and was awaiting their payment.

All the sudden they said fine, they will pay for the repairs.

I will never, EVER, recommend this dealership to anyone. They are squabbling over $600.00 of labor. The truck should have had these things replaced before it was put out for sale. It doesn't have to be a big issue, just simply FIX IT. Now, because they lied, covered up, and tried to steal extra money from us, my opinion of them forever will be U.G.L.Y.

I just want my truck. WE had a full safety inspection, and it appears, so far, to be good from this point on. WHAT A NIGHTMARE.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:46 PM
Default follow up

paid 24k for the car - you asked - sorry didnt see your post until a bit later -
lost
we did mention attorney - they said "sorry you had to go through that effort"

hopefully next week, I will be able to enjoy my new truck.......

breathe. breathe. It's a new day - right?

Old 06-16-2012, 02:40 PM

Unfortunatly I had to go through the same thing a few years back with a maxima I bought my wife in 06' so I feel for you guys! Good truck though once you get it all ready for the dirt. I like jeeps too, but I sure pull alot of them out of holes

Old 06-16-2012, 05:25 PM

Glad to hear they are going to cover it and that the rest of the truck is fine good for you guys.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:54 AM

Of course the dealership wants to see how far you will go until you do something about it and the last minute, they are willing to help.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:33 AM

I bought my chrome hood grab bars, brush guard, tow hooks all off ebay. I just looked around for sellers with 100% feedback and lots of transactions or sellers that were selling OEM parts on the cheap. I can't be happier with the quality items I received.

Todd

Old 07-07-2012, 08:14 PM
Default 6 year old H3

Hi everyone new guy here.I have been reading this forum every chance I get and I am surprise to here some of the problem you Hummers have. Knock on wood I purchase my blue H3 adventure package brand new in 06 it has 90,000 miles on it with no problem. Im finally going to purchase some new tires for it.

Quick Reply: Newbie that needs your suggestions