PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Newbie that needs your suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 06:43 AM
Talking Newbie that needs your suggestions

Hi there! Proud new owner of my second HUMMER - first one a H3, traded it in for a Subaru Outback, which got hit 3 times. 2 months ago, I got hit by a cement truck, so now as of Wednesday, I will be taking delivery of my 2003 vintage YELLOW H2!!! My question IS: What extended warranty companies do all the HUMMER owners recommend or use - I know we all have to have it - as the HUMMERS aren't made anymore - Lookin' forward to everybody's input!!! My H2 has 57k miles - Thanks!!! Stacy

Attached Thumbnails Newbie that needs your suggestions-my-new-hat-.jpg  
Old 06-13-2012, 09:17 PM

subscribed for extended info. I havent heard of any extended ones to this point so im interested.

Vintage? LOL i just got mine a few weeks back, its new for me compared to my 97s i drove before i got it.

time for some collector plates perhaps? LOL

Welcome to the site!!!!!
steve

Old 06-14-2012, 07:25 AM

Welcome... I bought my H3 Certified so I am good for 103,000. But yes, I think it is very smart with our rigs to have a extended warranty.. Hope someone rings in with the info that you need. By the way, nice ink...

Old 06-14-2012, 07:59 AM
Talking Extended warranty

I drove a bit yesterday - boy did i miss being high up off the ground! Definately feel much safer now, especially since the incedent with the cement truck hitting me. Needed to get back into a BIG vehicle - very HAPPY with my truck. Been calling about 7 so far different extended warranty companies - been warned of many that many of them scam or go out of business - so when I get the final tally - I will post some info for other people to browse through - it is a real challenge - as USAA will not provide GAP insurace for the vehicle since it is a 2003. Too old - they and other companies will only do coverage from 2006 and on. We lost 12k on the Subaru, since it was a year old, and had to roll the overage into the Hummer loan. So, the loan is a little more than what the truck is worth. We figure it is only for a couple years, while we wait for things to iron out financially etc....
Lookin to replace a few cosmetic parts on the H2, wondered where people like to purchase door grabs, cargo cover mats, headlights, (they are fogged) stuff like that? Any preference to best sites/prices - is the forum a good place for odd and ends - or is there not a market? Thanks for the "ink" compliment.
thanks, Stacy

Attached Thumbnails Newbie that needs your suggestions-stacy-her-hat.jpg  
Old 06-14-2012, 09:14 AM

i have bought several things on this forum. always thus far been positive. ebay can be ok. but ebay items you must know what you are buying. craigslist is a good way

Old 06-14-2012, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by dr.drew2
i have bought several things on this forum. always thus far been positive. ebay can be ok. but ebay items you must know what you are buying. craigslist is a good way
C'mon we're not all bad on ebay !!

Old 06-14-2012, 10:30 AM

Stacy, here is a link that has parts for your H2. I do not know all of what they have in stock, but as a general rule of GM they produce 10-12 years of parts from the year your vehicle is made so I would not worry.

GMPartsOutlet.net - Genuine GM Parts Outlet

Alex

Old 06-14-2012, 10:27 PM

Trying to get an extended warranty on a 9 year old truck? I always say put that money in the bank. I have an 03 and 56k on the odometer. I just pay when something breaks. And as far as what I have read so far is that these H2's are fairly foolproof

Old 06-14-2012, 10:54 PM
Angry repairs on the Hummer ALREADY

aahhhh, no. See my post under "new members"
drove the truck 1 hour today, it is already in the shop.
The power steering reservoir was empty, the radiator for the power steering rotted and leaking.I am not a mechanic, and could clearly see the radiator for the power steering was a rusted mess. A SAFETY INSPECTION would have easily seen this. My husband and I decided to have the local garage - (I just happened to pull into)- to do a complete safety inspection of our own. The Ford Dealership we purchased the truck from YESTERDAY less than 12 hours prior - ASSURED us they had done a full safety inspection of the truck, top to bottom.
Yeah, well... the front suspension is shot - tie rods, alignment, all needs replacing, as well as the power steering radiator, and 2 front tires. We had pointed out the front right tire was worn badly when we were at the dealership, they assured us it had been addressed, an that they would replace the front right tire before they dropped off the vehicle. They didnt. Same tire when the truck arrived at our doorstep. My husband also checked the oil level, on Saturday, when we were at the dealership in Boston. The dealership said they would change the oil in the truck with their full detailing and servicing of it. (We live in Ct) The truck was delivered Wednesday to us in Ct by their driver. John, my husband checked the oil level again when the truck arrived to our house. The oil was the same. They never changed it. NOT GOOD. They are paying for a rental car, while we are going through all this, and waiting for parts. So far, the estimated repairs are up to 4k. This is why I want an extended warranty. I dont need surprises down the road. This time, this should be covered by the dealership - as all these items are safety issues, and should have been taken care of by them PRIOR to them allowing the vehicle onto their floor for sale. They have a 60 day warranty on the vehicle from the date of sale - we will see if they honor it tomorrow. They already said "yes" over the phone, when it comes to $$ - we will see how agreeable they are. I am $#%^ pissed, as I have been in a rental for 2 months already, due to being hit by a cement truck. Still dealing with a concussion, now loss of hearing, head impact, concussion, brain injury, neck, back and jaw issues, this is the LAST thing I need, or want to be going through.

Attached Thumbnails Newbie that needs your suggestions-new-hummer.jpg   Newbie that needs your suggestions-stacy-hummer.jpg   Newbie that needs your suggestions-stacy-her-hat.jpg  
Old 06-15-2012, 05:23 AM
Red face want chrome accents - will give you my black parts

Looking to swap my black parts for chrome parts - anybody know anybody? Grab hood handles, need new chrome front upper grill, hood latches air vents etc???

Attached Thumbnails Newbie that needs your suggestions-stacy-her-hat.jpg  

Quick Reply: Newbie that needs your suggestions