PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new member, help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 08:53 PM
Default new member, help!!!

I just bought a 2006 H2 for the wife and I have a question about the cold air intake that is on it. It have a sticker on the intake that says it is a air raid and the filter is a spectrum? The filter is cone shaped and is open, there is black foam on the inter fender well that it lays on. I am not looking for performance. I want my hummer to last so I think the stock one would be better? thanks in advance...

Old 02-28-2017, 06:43 AM

Airaid is top notch stuff. Nothing wrong with it and not a junk eBay Chinese part. Should be every bit as good if not better than that the factory filter as far as ability to stop stuff from getting in.

Thats the brand of intake tube I just added to mine. Airaid is not cheap either...

https://www.airaid.com/search/appsea...H2&engine=6.0L

To replace it you would need to get the entire factory airbox and air intake tube. The foam at the edge of the fender is factory.

Old 02-28-2017, 07:45 AM

Air raid is good. Spectra not so much. I prefer the stock intake box with an air doc tube.

Old 02-28-2017, 07:45 AM

Im no expert but I would think that allowing your engine to breathe easier would contribute to it lasting longer... Have you ever seen the factory air box? its very cumbersome....

Old 02-28-2017, 12:33 PM

so since I have an airaid tube what would be the best filter, sorry the filter says specture on it. I am just concerned about the open filter in general that's why I was looking to go back to the stock one. Will have a pic of my setup shortly..

Old 02-28-2017, 12:36 PM

MixmanSC, the ones you linked to have an open box, mine has no box the filter just lays on the fender, is this good?

Old 02-28-2017, 01:26 PM

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-28-2017, 01:35 PM

Ah..... no thats not so good. You have an Airaid tube but no airbox. Actually I think the factory airbox is okay. On mine I kept the factory airbox but I did change the tube to an Airaid one.

You need one of these

Air Cleaner Filter Box & Mass Air Flow Sensor 19153610 OEM Hummer H2 2003-08 | eBay - This one includes the MAF (which is likely a good original in case yours is buggered).

Shoot - here is one for very cheap - I'd grab this quick. Just does not have the label on top is all.

Hummer H2 Air Cleaner Box

Or get one of the many aftermarket ones.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:50 PM

thanks I just bought it

Old 03-01-2017, 06:31 AM

I'll try and remember to take a look and see what size the two bolts you will need are so you can pick them up at an auto store if you want.

The Airaid tube looks like the right one for use with the factory air box so you should be good to go. Those two big holes in the passenger side fender, those are there so the air box can draw cold air. Not hot air from the engine compartment. Like I said, the factory air box is actually a very well done cold air intake which pulls the fresh air from the fender.

Quick Reply: new member, help!!!