PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Magnaflow CatBack Installed - Wow!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 04:22 PM
Default New Magnaflow CatBack Installed - Wow!

Had a Magnaflow CatBack installed today and it rocks! Nice low growl and not bad at all inside the H2. Was a *tad* nervous I wouldn't like it but all's well!

Richard

Old 01-30-2013, 06:57 AM

Congrats...I put a flowmaster cat back on my H2 and also like the growl...not too loud...just right!

Old 01-30-2013, 10:22 AM

love my magna flow, i dont hear it unless i put it down pretty hard. it definitely sounds great!

steve

Old 01-31-2013, 02:10 PM

will you guys post videos of your exhaust? This is my next mod and not sure what I want. Been thinking Preditor but its still in the air.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by man1nboat
had a magnaflow catback installed today and it rocks! Nice low growl and not bad at all inside the h2. Was a *tad* nervous i wouldn't like it but all's well!

Richard
video?

Old 01-31-2013, 04:03 PM

Think he means audio...

Old 01-31-2013, 04:20 PM

I can try posting an audio clip but as far as the photo's concerned, it looks stock. I had the shop use the existing pipe and weld in the magnaflow muffler PN 12909. The existing pipe was in perfect shape. I will try to post this today...

Old 02-01-2013, 08:45 AM

Good idea . I wanted to modf the exhaust sound but I don't want to change the OEM look . So they just included the MF in the middle? . Any difference in HP . Fuel economy?
Could you post an audio clip of a youtube video to get an idea how it sound. .. thanks

Old 02-01-2013, 09:17 AM

They removed the stock muffler which was huge and replaced it in with the magnaflow 12909 in the same location (roughly below the rear passenger side seat). It was welded in, and all existing clamps, hangers, etc... were used. I met the installer at an outdoor show and he gave me 20% off ($320 total including $90 labor). Once he removed the muffler, he has me listen to the magna flow, flowmaster and two others that were LOUD. The magnaflow seemed deeper to me... Stainless steel and lifetime warranty too. Oh, he mentioned that the H2s exhaust was the sams size as the 8 ltr GMC system 3.5" straight back.

As for performance, etc... I immediately noticed that that the H2 ran stronger, so yes more power. Here in Denver with the high altitude, mountains, etc (hence my recent CAI post)... it seems to hold its power more. I have been checking the mileage and have noticed a MPG increase over driving the same route. Per the mileage meter, I am close to 14 MPG using 87 octane so say ~ 1MPG increase. There was an odor for a few days but thats almost gone. I have never posted anything on utube but will try. A good description would be a low-toned, throaty sound. At idle you can barely hear it in the cabin, but during acceleration its just great!

FYI - I recently changed all my fluids so that may influence the MPG answer...

Last edited by Man1nboat; 02-01-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:31 AM

Good description ... I got the idea

$300ish is worth it for a better fuel eco and better perf ... Im going to ask to my supply to try that same one . I dont want one too loud either ... Thanks for the info

Quick Reply: New Magnaflow CatBack Installed - Wow!