PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New H2 Owner Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 09:26 AM
Default New H2 Owner Question

I just picked up an 04 H2 the other day and had a question. Does anyone know the color of the center console? I have the Wheat interior and the console is scratched up. It looks to be a bronze color but wanted to get more specific.
I had an H3 a little over a year ago which was awesome but this H2 is incredible. Needs some cosmetic interior work but mechanically sound and great paint. I'm sure there will be many more questions if I don't already find them here. Thanks

Old 06-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Default console color

I just checked my parts catalog and they list only 2 of them......ebony or wheat, thats all.

Last edited by fyr145; 06-20-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:42 PM

I went from a 3 to a deuce a couple years ago; I loved the 3 but I really love the deuce!
The 3 was a nice, fun truck, but the deuce is in a whole other class that makes it so much nicer.
Finding console pieces shouldn't be too tough, lots of used stuff out there.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:48 PM

Thanks. I think maybe it was painted a bronze color but has since scratched. I'll have to figure it out. Steer me towards any used parts because it seems there's not much available here in classifieds...

Old 06-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Default sites

Start with eBay or Craigslist. Then theres GM parts places like gmpartsdirect.com.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:19 PM

On the subject of new H1 owners, the 2002 H1 that I thought I was purchasing, will not go through, due to lending parameters of my credit union. My 'rep' after previously approving the loan, backed out by orders from her COO, then gave these requirements: "from a dealer in state or a private party in state due to the age and amount of the vehicle. If it is a private party in state, we would require that both you and the seller come into the branch to close the loan and sign documents."
Does anyone, especially those with considerable H1 experience (we know who you are!) have an idea how to go about finding a reputable seller (experienced, diligent owner) in Texas, preferably North or Central Texas?

Old 06-21-2012, 02:30 PM

Should maybe have a separate topic for this djadds, but on that note:

I had a odd request from my credit union when I purchased my H2. The owner of the dealership was selling the H2 as a consignment for his friend. Well The bank would not accept it only cause the the dealer was not the real owner of the truck. So the title was shipped to the original owner and then the dealership had to reissue a new title for the truck before my credit union was going to cut the check over to them. Only reason for all this was the truck was in another state.

According to the requirements you got from your credit union they do not trust the seller. If I were you I would just go to another bank. They want the seller to be present to sign, what the hell is he signing anyways? I think that bank has useless guidelines. I do not see the point of the seller to be present at the bank to sign. They cannot mail the paper work over to him where he lives?

Old 06-22-2012, 05:46 AM

Good points, Det2008SUT!

The 'rep' said that they did in fact do out of state loans, but that THIS one didn't meet the criteria..."due to the age and amount of the vehicle."

I'm looking at other sources that one of our members suggested. USAA was an interesting source. They used a 'Black Book' to determine the value of a 2002 H1 that I know the be in good/excellent condition. Ready for this? $30,000!!! WTF is a 'Black Book'????
That conversation ended rather abruptly...

Old 06-22-2012, 06:44 AM

The black book is what they use now for the guideline of vehicle pricing, which is a crock of sh$t. It completely underestimates the value entirely, but there is a catch to it as well. The black book generates this lame number for them for a reason. Say you stopped making payments and they took your velicle from you. Well they will be able to sell it to pay off the loan you had on it and them some. I switched credit unions before I bought my H2 SUT only cause they told me they will only give me $20,000 to buy it and I had to come up with the rest, I mean a 2008 H2 Ultra Marine Edition LUX SUT for $20,000? A complete WTF, and they got my middle finger. Walked in another bank and told them I will switch banks if they got me the full amount, which they did. I guess some banks do not get it and they use this Black Book as a safe guard which is not fair on our end cause we take that number and give it to who ever is selling it and they give us the dirty look like we are dumb.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:59 AM

I'm beginning to understand this thing a little better. I talked to another Credit Union 'rep' who told me that, although they don't use it for a guideline, that it was used by dealers. That doesn't make any sense to me, but that's the way some of these jokers are, I suppose. Sounds like some just don't prefer to make auto loans.
Still working on it. I'll know more this coming week. Thanks for your input!