PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My H2 Won't Start.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Default My H2 Won't Start.......

Hi Guys:

Quick question and I hope someone can help. My H2 won't start and I'm not sure if it is the battery. I did leave my sirus radio plugged into the lighter for 2 days. Would that drain the battery. I don't think it is the starter because it doesn't make a peep when I turn it over.

HELP ME!

Old 03-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Default RE: My H2 Won't Start.......

Battery is dead. Charge it or get new one.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:39 AM

Yea definately dead.

Old 03-03-2007, 06:41 AM

CRAPPY BATTERIES, when my install guy did my A/V stuff, the battery died in 2 HOURS just for having the doors open and the headliner light on!!!!

If your rig is still under warranty, GM will replace it, just maybe don't mention the Sirus radio plugged in!!

Old 03-03-2007, 01:27 PM

Oh and as we walk through the valley of death. [8D]

Old 03-03-2007, 04:01 PM

My battery is dead too....I went to start it today and nothing.....now is it stuck in the garage and the front the truck is too close to the wall and I can't open my hood.....this sucks. I had to drive the BMW to breakfast.... now that I am have eaten I don't know what I am going to do. The key is stuck in it and I can't get it out of park. Any suggestions?

Old 03-03-2007, 04:31 PM

Turn the key to the 'on' posittion, the one right before start. Now press the brake pedal and shift it to neutral.Slowly push it backwards, hit the brake, and put it back in park. Turn the key switch off again. I don't have a Hummer, but all vehicles seem to follow this procedure.

Old 03-03-2007, 04:42 PM

ORIGINAL: HummingDiesel

Turn the key to the 'on' posittion, the one right before start. Now press the brake pedal and shift it to neutral.Slowly push it backwards, hit the brake, and put it back in park. Turn the key switch off again. I don't have a Hummer, but all vehicles seem to follow this procedure.
Thanks for the idea...I had already tried it. I just went out and tried it again. It will not come out of park.

Old 03-03-2007, 05:37 PM

ORIGINAL: H24CABO

My battery is dead too....I went to start it today and nothing.....now is it stuck in the garage and the front the truck is too close to the wall and I can't open my hood.....this sucks. I had to drive the BMW to breakfast.... now that I am have eaten I don't know what I am going to do. The key is stuck in it and I can't get it out of park. Any suggestions?
You can get car battery boosters that plug into your cigarette lighter receptacle. That should give you enough juice to at least shift gears and roll it back, if not start it completely. I think someone else post about that here once, probably that handy guy Dennis! These guys have one,http://haverhills.com/cgi-bin/store....eng&P=1037 but I am sure a local automotive shop has them too!

Old 03-03-2007, 06:31 PM

ORIGINAL: H24CABO

ORIGINAL: HummingDiesel

Thanks for the idea...I had already tried it. I just went out and tried it again. It will not come out of park.
It's odd that the battery could be so dead that it can't move the little shifter lock. I see you also have a Powerstroke. That's what I drive and that's another way to move your H2 back a few feet.

Quick Reply: My H2 Won't Start.......