PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maine Off Roading

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 12:22 AM
Default Maine Off Roading

Just got back from Sunday River Maine. Hummer Happenings for our area had a nice weekend planned. We had 15 Hummers, 12 H2's and 3 H3's were present for an offroading day today. I was nervous about taking my rig off roading as I'm so **** about keeping it a clean machine. After talking to the guides and the previouse group that got done when we arrived I decided to give it a go. What the hell! Thats what these things are made for! Or at least do it once. Well it rained all night Saturday making for some wet, slippery and muddy conditiond today. The trails weren't extreme but were pretty challenging at least for the novice. We navigated down a river bed about 1 1/2 deep and entering & exiting steepp embankments. We ran down some muddy and very rocky declines. Crossed 3 rocky creeks which required some experienced spotters. The giudes were fantastic and knowledgeable. I was very concerned about doing damage or scratching up my rig. We hit the skid plates all day on the rocks which sounds a bit scarry when you've never heard it before. All said and done it was a success and I loved it. I only rubbed some paint off the passenger rocker tube. ( I give that a quick spray of flat black paint tommorrow and you'll hardly notice it.) Would I do it again..........maybe, I did really like it, but I'm so afraid of damaging my baby. But I'm glad i did it. I really got a respect for what these machines can do. WOW! I look at my ride a little differently now and am very proud of it. At least now its not just a mall queen and can say "sure we took her down the mountain". I wish I could buy another H2 just to take offroading and beat the hell out of!! Met some nice people and had a great time with my wife. She drove it for a bit too! I'll try and post a few pics tommorow.

Old 10-24-2005, 01:56 AM
Default RE: Maine Off Roading

That sounded like fun. I'm surprised how much alike we think. i also wished i had a second H2 just for off-roading! Am looking forward toward your pics.

Old 10-24-2005, 03:39 PM
Administrator

i would also like to see the pics...let me know if you need help positng them!

Old 10-24-2005, 08:37 PM

Pics wont post, they are too large?

Old 10-24-2005, 08:48 PM

lets try this:
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 10-24-2005, 08:50 PM

ok a few more. Unfortunately I didn't get any of my rig in action.
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 10-24-2005, 08:53 PM

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 10-24-2005, 08:54 PM

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 10-24-2005, 08:56 PM

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 10-24-2005, 08:58 PM