PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Light Bar Mount

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 08:46 AM
Default Light Bar Mount

I am trying to find a light bar mount for a 50 inch Auxbeam that I have and I am having a terrible time. Hou are you guys mounting light bars to the H2?

Old 11-16-2018, 10:03 AM

I would say for the most part they are mounted to a roof rack or a cross bar. If you want to spend money the proline4x4 mount is pretty nice. It is also fairly easy to make things yourself and mount them to the roof rails using L brackets and bolts.

Old 11-16-2018, 07:04 PM

i mounted mine on top of the roof rack ..

Old 11-17-2018, 09:22 AM

I mounted mine in front the roof bar .. if you put it on top the bar it will add tonthe height clearance Is an auxbeam . Must have it now for a few years, still love it

Old 11-17-2018, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Redoubt
I am trying to find a light bar mount for a 50 inch Auxbeam that I have and I am having a terrible time. Hou are you guys mounting light bars to the H2?
you mind showing a picture of the mounts that were included with your lights??

Old 11-17-2018, 02:46 PM

i included a picture of the headlight . One of the best mod I did . Much better light output and looks great

Old 11-17-2018, 07:46 PM

I mounted mine on top of the roof rack like i mention before , here is a link of the video on what i did ... If you go this route you will get e wiseling noise on the freeway ....

​​​​​​

Old 11-18-2018, 09:06 AM

The whistling is from the cheaper light bars cooling fin design on the back side of the bars..... Does not matter where you mount them. Now places on eBay sell little foam inserts to jam into the fins on the back of them to help reduce or eliminate the whistling. You can cut some strips of some sort of random foam and jam in between some of the fins as well which can greatly help reduce the noise. Worked for me on one before.

Old 11-18-2018, 09:34 AM

Yes, the noise on the freeway is insane depending on the mount and lights you run. I have 4 smaller bars on my roof rack, granted I don't have the GOBI wind deflector installed because I don't care for the look but I can't have the sunroof open on the freeway and talk to my passenger it's so loud.

Old 11-18-2018, 11:42 AM

Other than stuffing the fins on the back of the lower cost bars with foam or rubber blocks the other option is to go with crazily expensive top of the line light bars. They are a LOT more expensive but you can find plenty of reviews where there compare them side by side with the cheapo ones and the quality and light output are far better. That being said, I have not bought a $500+ light bar myself.... I cannot afford that for the little amount of use I'd actually get out of it.

Quick Reply: Light Bar Mount