PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

light bar

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 04:04 PM
Default light bar

I'm hoping to buy the Rigid Industries 12231 20" light bar. I'd like to mount it somewhere on the front bumper. anyone have any experience or pictures of how they have mounted similar size bars? Thanks

Old 10-22-2017, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by jd1368
I'm hoping to buy the Rigid Industries 12231 20" light bar. I'd like to mount it somewhere on the front bumper. anyone have any experience or pictures of how they have mounted similar size bars? Thanks
Not to change your mind.but check Auxbeam . I got a 52 on the roof for about 2 years . Still like new the light output is impressive and cost a fraction than Rigid

Old 10-22-2017, 01:38 AM

Yeah unless you have a large sum of money just burning a hole in your pocket I wouldn't blow it on Rigid. Plenty of off brands out there which will perform just as well.

Hell almost all LED components are made overseas. Rigid just assembles the lights.

Old 10-25-2017, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by H2Miami
Not to change your mind.but check Auxbeam . I got a 52 on the roof for about 2 years . Still like new the light output is impressive and cost a fraction than Rigid
Me too. I bought a 50" on amazon for around $200. Still going strong today. If it goes wrong, i'll end up buying another one, or six for the price of the rigid.

Old 10-25-2017, 09:46 PM

I was looking into the bigger light bars for the roof... it's tempting since it looks like I can just mount to the stock roof rack. My only hesitation is that I have spot lights mounted on the A-pillars of my wrangler and when it's raining or snowing they just make the rain/snow so bright you can't see anything, which is why I wanted to mount a bar under the grill. Any issues like that with the roof mount?

Old 10-25-2017, 10:12 PM

my question is.. can i take the plastic part (circled in the generic picture), make some cuts in it, and mount a 20" bar in there?

Old 10-26-2017, 01:32 AM

Someone did that already over on elcova - shame about photobucket being a P.O.S now though, you can't see the results:

LED Lighting w/ Lower Grille - Hummer Forums by Elcova

This is all i managed to scrape for you:
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/45/1d/d6/4...--hummer-x.jpg

What would worry me is that you'd be blocking off the air intake to help cool the beast down. I'm not so keen on obstructing that much air flow. Another option could be to get something like a scoop and mount a small lightbar in that. I've seen that done before:

https://www.bodykits.com/i-24233007-...ce-107748.html

For example, but you could get one for a Lightbar instead. I'd be less worried about blocking airflow then, because well there isn't any OEM anyway.

I've also thought in the past about looking at a bracket that would come off the OEM tow hooks, and mount a bar in the front towards the bottom of the valance. It's probably not practical given it could get smashed by stones etc, but i saw another member with some kind of bar down there and it looked pretty cool.

Old 10-26-2017, 01:34 AM

I was looking into the bigger light bars for the roof... it's tempting since it looks like I can just mount to the stock roof rack. My only hesitation is that I have spot lights mounted on the A-pillars of my wrangler and when it's raining or snowing they just make the rain/snow so bright you can't see anything, which is why I wanted to mount a bar under the grill. Any issues like that with the roof mount?
I mounted mine to the oem roof bar, i didn't like the idea of drilling holes in the roof. All I can say is it's so bright when you put it on it lights up everything. Maybe you'll get less backscatter if you mount it from lower, but these LED bars (if you go for a bigger one) are just ridiculous. I wouldn't use mine in fog anyway as it would be self defeating, but ymmv.

Old 10-26-2017, 06:33 PM

can you show me what you used to mount to the rem roof bar?

Old 10-27-2017, 09:33 PM

can you show me what you used to mount to the rem roof bar?
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...stalled-36566/

I posted this a few years ago when mouted mine

Quick Reply: light bar