PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Leveling measurements

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Default Leveling measurements

On my '03 H2 with 37" tires, it sits 43.75" from the ground to the black moulding over each wheel well. I'm raised using the factory keys. I thought it was level until I stood back and realized the front wheel wells go about 1-1.5" higher than the rear so, in reality I'm still sitting a bit low in the front. I just got some 3" lift keys and the tb compression tool. I was wondering if others that have leveled theirs have the front sitting about 1"-1.5" higher than the rear to compensate for the higher wheels wells in the front?

Thanks,
Todd

Name:  Hum2.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  199.2 KB

Old 07-05-2012, 06:36 PM

That is my truck without the chrome. Yours is very clean, nice looking h2

Old 07-05-2012, 07:54 PM

Very curious to get input as to cranking t-bars on the deuce or replacing the keys. I haven't really seen anything on it and am curious to handling/ride or concerns.
I had an H3 and there were loads of discussions on the whole t-bar thing, the deuces aren't much talked about. Do you get the same issues with cranking, or is it actually better on the 2?

Old 07-05-2012, 08:21 PM

subscribed, i havent cranked anything on the h2.

i did my explorer when i got that, raising it about 1.5" starting and lost 3/8-1/2" over the years with it cranked. it rode alright but seemed to be a snappy sort of response since the compression wasnt as fast as the rebound with the bars cranked. it just didnt damp as well since the shocks were for compression only really.

it seemed to make the front end realy jumpy since it tightened everything up tight. the ball joints and the tie rods ends were always tight so it made it twitchy at speed.

im not sure if i would crank on the h2 really. im not sure if i would like how it drives with it cranked. the h2 handles really well for being as big as it is, imo it might jeopardize the handling a bit too much with it cranked.

im interested to find out how you like it!
steve

Old 07-05-2012, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by twinmill28
Very curious to get input as to cranking t-bars on the deuce or replacing the keys. I haven't really seen anything on it and am curious to handling/ride or concerns.
I had an H3 and there were loads of discussions on the whole t-bar thing, the deuces aren't much talked about. Do you get the same issues with cranking, or is it actually better on the 2?
I cranked my stock keys when I first bought it and could tell a slight difference in the stiffness of the front. I then removed the stock steering stabilizer and all 4 shocks and replaced everything with Bilstein 5150 series and it rides smoother and softer than it did when it was completely stock.

Todd

Old 07-06-2012, 09:51 PM

todd, sweet look
what are those tire sizes?

also, are you saying that when you turned the oem keys in the front, the rear of the truck still looked higher then the front? or are you saying the front was higher then the rear of the truck?

Thanks

Old 07-08-2012, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by big gulp
todd, sweet look
what are those tire sizes?

also, are you saying that when you turned the oem keys in the front, the rear of the truck still looked higher then the front? or are you saying the front was higher then the rear of the truck?

Thanks
37" Nitto Trail Grapplers.

The picture I attached is with the factory keys maxed out. What I'm saying is that the fender design has the rear fenders about 1.5" lower than the front fender(from the ground). I thought I had it level with all 4 corners at 43.75" but, then realized the fenders are different from the front to the rear. I'm going to install the keys tomorrow and raise the front up another 1"-1.5" to see if it truly sits level now.

Thanks,
Todd

Old 07-12-2012, 04:25 AM

I added the keys. and there is a ton of room to lift the front now. I have it set at 45" in the front and 43.75" in the rear. I believe the H2 is truly "leveled" now.

Here is an after shot:

Name:  DSC_0967.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  363.3 KB