PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

KumHo Tires

Old 07-23-2009, 06:05 PM
Default KumHo Tires

Ive not read one bad thing about these tires. Any opinions?
I'm buying them at the end of the month.

http://www.treadepot.com/tire/1825213

Old 07-24-2009, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

IMHO..... foreign trash. They make tires right here in the USA, where people have jobs right here in the USA. I do not give a ratt's butt if anybody is gonna say... but they have a plant in ________ state. $$ still goes to Korea and they gave a local politician a blow job to get tax breaks you or I could never get if we wanted to build the same facility. Makes me wanna puke! $25.00 more and you'd be on Mickey Thompson MTZs one inch wider?

Here's a review, poeple buy them because they are cheaper then certain name brands. http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT...ure-MT-834.htm

Buy american spiel concluded. Return to your usual forum reading.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:00 PM

I put Kuhmo's on my wifes Murano. They are JUNK. I am sticking with BFG's and Goodyears from now on.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:33 AM

Just pronouncing KumHo kills me.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:38 AM

Kuhmos are junk for offroad. I have a buddy who had the road venture M/T's. The ONLY thing nice abut them is they were quieter on the road than most M/T's out there. But the downsides were overwhelming.
-Driving impressions were terrible The offered very little cornering support
-Snow traction was junk
-They wear out too fast
-Constantly plugging holes
-Weak sidewall prone to ripping offroad.

I can go on, but the bottom line is there are lot better tires out there for the money.

Old 08-29-2009, 01:52 PM

You'd be lucky if you got 10,000 miles out of that brand on the street...they are soft as hell.

Having to replace the tires at 3x the rate justifys spending the extra bucks for some better tires.

I'll never go back to kuhmos. Take a look at the toyo's, they have a good tread life.

Old 08-29-2009, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
IMHO..... foreign trash. They make tires right here in the USA, where people have jobs right here in the USA. I do not give a ratt's butt if anybody is gonna say... but they have a plant in ________ state. $$ still goes to Korea and they gave a local politician a blow job to get tax breaks you or I could never get if we wanted to build the same facility. Makes me wanna puke! $25.00 more and you'd be on Mickey Thompson MTZs one inch wider?

Buy american spiel concluded. Return to your usual forum reading.
My thoughts exactly, I try and buy everything Made in USA. It's not always posible but I wont buy something foreign if I can help it.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:38 PM

I bought a set for my GTO before I turned it in at lease end, simply because they were the cheapest tires I could find in that size. I'd probably be more picky if I was keeping it.

Regarding a foreign company, if they make them in a plant in the US (I don't know if they do or not), then it's American workers with jobs who are making them. The $$$ go the the stockholders, who are all over the world, regardless of whether the name on the door is Kumho, Dunlop, Good Year, Firestone, ..., or Mickey Thompson. It really doesn't make a heck of a lot of difference in terms of the economy. And I buy US made products whenever possible (I drive a Hummer).