PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

JUST INSTALLED MY NEW HYPERTECH PROGRAMMER

Old 08-20-2007, 06:13 PM
Default JUST INSTALLED MY NEW HYPERTECH PROGRAMMER

i just installed my hypertech programmer and i can seriously feel the difference.at first i was sure if it did anything til i goy on the freeway on ramp.im running my h2 on the 87 tune.i havent really played with the tunner much but i need to recalibrate the speedo due to my 24's and i raised the top speed limiter to 128mph.my roll ons from 75 to 100mph has really improoved.i hope i dont sound like a commercial but it works bigtime.im stock except for my volamt intake system.im thinkin next will be a magnaflow muffler...

Old 08-20-2007, 08:46 PM
Default RE: JUST INSTALLED MY NEW HYPERTECH PROGRAMMER

If you ever go to 128 wont the needle be bouncin off the 120mph line? Did it improve mpg cause most claim to but the one i put on my truck worsened my mpg

Old 08-21-2007, 09:37 AM

if i ever got to 128 i imagine it would ped out the needle just below the 120mph mark.as for mpg...well if i can kkep my foot out of it,i might save gas.but i notice with this new found power that im using it more....especially on freeway on ramps.but it was well worth the $$ i paid.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:02 PM

why would you need to recalibrate the speedo because of your rims? are your tires a different size than stock, or still 35's? it wouldn't matter if you had 13" or 28" wheels, as long as the rubber is the same size as stock there's no change needed.the best thing i've noticed from the programer though is the shift stiffness, i didn't notice any power changes from stock tuning.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:15 PM

im not running stocks.im running 24's with a 45series insted of the typical 35 or 40 series so its a lil taller.at about 3500-5000 rpmis where i really fell the added power.i had my gf drive it without knowing about the programmer and she asked what i did to the rig.i asked why?she said she felt a big difference on the freeway going to work.i told her and she wanted to know know whats next to make the rig faster lol.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:34 PM

interesting. i may have to go back to stock programming for a while to see if i notice a difference.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:07 PM

sunday i was getting on the freeway and as i was getting to speed up the ramp a little wrx sti wanted to pass so i floored it...the sti get up to my rear wheel before backing off due to the 2 to 1 lane.i guess i surprised him a bit cuz he wanted to race on the freeway.so i humored him but once up to 100mph i just backed off since he had already passed me.lil bastard....i didnt change the shifts but i might if you say it helps out.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:11 PM

i like the firmer shifts, but i'm thinking about backing that out as well for a while. when i'm cruising and the rpms are in the 15-1600 range, it seems like the truck wants to downshift, then changes it's mind, then wants to do it again, and so on. it revs up and down between 1500 and 1600 and is a pain in the ***. the speed isn't consistent, just the rpm. i'll take it back to stock except for the tire size and give it a few weeks to relearn itself (it doesn't get out much). you should try the firm shift setting, i noticed a big difference. just don't change the shift points, unless you're planning on racing it.

Old 08-21-2007, 02:09 PM

thanks for the heads ups.im gonna do that n see how it goes.

Old 08-22-2007, 09:39 PM

i was wondering what model hyper tec system you had is it the 30019 or 30022

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: JUST INSTALLED MY NEW HYPERTECH PROGRAMMER