PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

INTERIOR SWAP

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 04:49 PM
Default INTERIOR SWAP

hey, i was wondering if anyone knows how much it will cost to swap out my 04 h2 with the newer ones(black leather//black plastic etc...)?..thanks

Old 04-13-2006, 09:16 PM
Default RE: INTERIOR SWAP

if you want black seats, why not just get the Hummer seat covers? they make neoprene ones for close to $1k, or some other ones that are water and baby$hit repellant for around $300. the 2 front seat headrest covers even have "HUMMER" stitched in them. saves the leather, and gives you black seats. a good size rattle can of black paint will fix the rest [sm=jawdrop.gif]

Old 04-21-2006, 05:46 PM

We have Leather Kits starting at $699. It goes up depending on what kind of customization you want (suede inserts, embossing, etc)
http://www.shopsar.com/index.php?act...&productId=928

Old 05-09-2006, 07:18 PM

ORIGINAL: dunkarooos

hey, i was wondering if anyone knows how much it will cost to swap out my 04 h2 with the newer ones(black leather//black plastic etc...)?..thanks
Depends on HOW you want to SWAP it? To actually BUY new Ebony replacement pieces(not including the seats), I had it figured out to over $4,000 US buying the parts:
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...rrerid=1500268

I had a local guy DYE my interior parts black last year - $1800 CDN. He owns a company that goes to dealers/show car people etc. and fixes interiors/leather etc. with a Dupont Dye. It's a pretty extensive process. Not just as simple as dyeing/painting. It's held up super well with only a little bit coming off on the drivers door by the handle (alot of use/my daily driver). I'm now WAITING for my interior custom shop to call me and bring me in to black out my headliner(supposed to be last week[:@]) He also is covering my vizualogic headrest monitors in matching ebony leather.

I originally bought the OEM seat covers from the above website($1800 US?). I wanted to go OEM so I could keep my original seat heater buttons(I'm ****). I was going to go Katzkin, but you have to get a seperate seat heater. Then I came across an auction on e-Bay that I won:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HUMME...1923QQtcZphoto

So I ended up selling the covers I bought to John from Hummers Gone Wild. Cool Guy.

The seats have been sitting at my interior custom shop WAITING for the headliner since he told me he'd have to take the seats out to get the headliner out anyways.

So my drop kit and 24" Dubs are on RIGHT NOW I just got the call that it's READY!!! Then hopefully in the next couple of days(weeks) I'll get the rest of my interior(seats/headliner) in and I'll post some pics.

BTW, If anyone goes the Katzkin route, I have some ebony OEM seatbelts I can sell you that, never installed since I bought the complete seats

Old 05-14-2006, 06:05 AM

i'm considering the katzkin route... why would i need to change seat heaters?

Old 05-14-2006, 06:50 AM

Unlike most vehicles that have heat pads, the OEM H2 seat cover has the heating elements sewn throughout the cover in the seams. I guess it gives a more even heat, but my interior guy said it would take FOREVER to try and pull out the heating "wire", and that he couldn't guarantee not Fu(king them up.

Again, you can EASILY get a seat heater, I believe Katzkin sells them, but you'd have to run the new on/off switch that comes with it, and I just wanted to use the OEM switch. I'm kinda funny that way[8D]

Old 05-15-2006, 12:13 AM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

Unlike most vehicles that have heat pads, the OEM H2 seat cover has the heating elements sewn throughout the cover in the seams. I guess it gives a more even heat, but my interior guy said it would take FOREVER to try and pull out the heating "wire", and that he couldn't guarantee not Fu(king them up.

Again, you can EASILY get a seat heater, I believe Katzkin sells them, but you'd have to run the new on/off switch that comes with it, and I just wanted to use the OEM switch. I'm kinda funny that way[8D]
i see, i see. i better make sure the local leather shop knows what they're doing. i see at katzkin.com that they offer ventilated seats as well. i'll never buy a lux car w/o ACd seats after spending some time in a DTS not long ago...

Old 06-17-2006, 10:34 PM

So I'm SUPPOSED to get my H2 back on WEDNESDAY!!!

The interior guy has had it OVER A WEEK!!!! I'm going into withdrawls!!!!

I'll HOPEFULLY post some pics next weekend!

Old 06-26-2006, 10:12 PM

Dash Kit installed...It's GORGEOUS

Old 06-26-2006, 10:12 PM

Quick Reply: INTERIOR SWAP