PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Interior Panels

Old 07-24-2007, 11:52 PM
Default Interior Panels

Long time no see!! Hopefully my bling buddy Bob is still active on the forums

But anyways, I have a few questions. I need to know how to remove all the interior panels in the H2 that are a wheat color. I began painting some black (the ones that I knew how to remove, which is very little haha) and I want to finish dying all the panels black before the DUB show Aug. 4/5 and I'd rather not pay someone to take them all out.... Any thoughts, guides, or anything that could help me out? I need to know how to remove the door panels, the pillars, the hatch, and the parts underneath the dash. TIA!

Old 07-25-2007, 02:56 AM
Default RE: Interior Panels

Hey Phil!!!! Long Time No Hear!!!! I hope everything is COOL with you in your neck of the woods!!

Did you EVER finish that walk in humidor???

As far as the door panels. Pretty Easy(even I can do it)!! Take off the plate behind the handle first. Then you just have to PULL inwards!! Firmly!! All the parts are attached with clips, so It may feel WeIrD while pulling it, but the clips should pop out(I think so???[8D]) I know the pillars in the front with the handle(a-pillar?), you have to remove the handle(pry off the little plastic dealy, it will expose some hex bolts), then they just POP OFF!! You will have to disconnect the tweeters though!! Lastly(of the ones I know), the pillars between the front and rear seats(b-pillars??), there are those little rectaganal clips on them. Just pry them off from the top or bottom and I believe they expose a screw!!!

I hope I'm right and didn't cause you to BREAK anything!!!

Best of luck and post some AFTER pics!!!

Old 07-25-2007, 12:08 PM

Good to hear from you Bob! Hows the bling coming along? Anything I miss?

The wine cellar/cigar humidor has been done for a while now, just hasn't been 100% completely stocked. Cigars are all stocked and about 75% of the rest has been stocked with different types of alcohol and wine [8D]I'll get some pics up soon

I'll try this out and see how far I get. I remember trying a long time ago to remove them, but was afraid I'd break something because it felt like I was pulling too hard. I have about a week and a half to get this all done, so wish me all luck! It has to go to the shop again and have some things done but it's coming together nicely!

Old 07-26-2007, 12:54 AM

So I got the driver door panel off and everything is good. Now I just need to paint it. But I was gonna ask you what you did. Did you mask everything off or take it totally apart? I have some suede on the door panels and some white painted pieces plus the speaker bezels. Should that all just get masked off or is there a way to take them apart further besides the switches?

Old 07-26-2007, 02:43 AM

Nope....Ya gotta mask it!!![:@]

Old 07-26-2007, 01:16 PM

Damn that sucks. Will the tape mess up the suede?

Old 07-26-2007, 09:45 PM

use the blue painters tape...comes off just about anything real easy with no residue

Old 07-27-2007, 01:20 AM

Thanks. I bought some special automotive masking tape, and it doesn't stick at all on some surfaces. What a waste of $5! You'd think a $5 roll of tape would be good....

Old 07-29-2007, 01:21 AM

So I painted the driver side front door panel today and... it looks sick!!! The black with the white painted door handle surround and the suede on the top looks sweet! Plus I took off the bose speaker grille and painted it white! It looks AWESOME! Masking everything off sucked but it was well worth it! I just hope the DuPont or whatever it is vinyl and leather spray is fairly durable...

What did you use on yours Bob?

I'll get some comparison pics up tomorrow!

Old 07-29-2007, 03:13 AM

Yeah Phil, It was some kinda Dupont stuff!!!

Can't wait for the pics!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Interior Panels