PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Injectors clogged

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 08:30 AM

Looks nice, I'll look into it.
Thanks!

Old 03-14-2012, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by inputapmech
Bg 44k does work well and is worth a try but I would use 2 cans in 1 tank of gas. If that does not do it than professional fuel injector service involves hooking up a machine that runs your engine during the cleaning process since they will remove your fuel pump fuse and that works very well as I purchased the snap on machine off ebay about 5 years ago..... I know....

Yep, have the same Snap-On set up myself. I've always used the BG injector cleaner for that. Works really good. Depending on where the two fuel ines connect on the injector rail, you can just loop the supply fuel line back to the return line (assuming ofcourse it has a return, most newer vehicles don't have a return fuel line) as to avoid setting a fuel pump relay or power code in the PCM by removing the fuse. Just another way.....

Also my experience with doubling up on the BG44K in a larger fuel tank, or adding a single can to a half full fuel tank, is that the mixture is too strong and will break up (on higher mileage vehicles) carbon deposits in little chunks, instead of desolving or burning the deposits off. (same results of sucking cleaner through a vacuum hose in the manifold)

Depending on the type of Catalytic Converter you have, (cross comb especially) it will start to plug your cat. Thus resulting in loss of power, vacuum, which can affect shifting...etc.

From my experience it's better to lean out your cleaner to fuel mixture that you put in the tank, and do it through a couple of tank fulls, than to rush it and potentially set yourself up with concerns not expected.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:55 PM

Today the code P0174 (System too Lean) came up again...
The seafoam is on the way to me, I doubt it will completely solve my problem though...

Old 03-21-2012, 06:27 PM

I'd like to do the smoke test, to see if I have any leaks in the intakes or anything... I would like to know where the smoke should go in the engine, what should I unplug to plug the smoke machine?