PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Impossible to get an Aligment

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Default Impossible to get an Aligment

My H2 has a mild pull to the left... so I took it for an alignment.

They talked me into buying a 3-year alignment plan, which was actually a good deal.

On the first alignment apparently everything went OK, but the H2 still was pulling to the left... so I took it back to the shop.

They told me it was due to my "Bad Shocks" (which I think they were in OK condition), so before getting the second aligment I replaced shocks all the way around.

Took it for a test drive and it still had the "pull to the left" so I went back to the shop, they told me the alignment did not worked because my inner tie rods were too loose and they had to be replaced... so I replaced them.

Then I went in for a third alignment... guess what?
Exactly, it did not do much because apparently the front tires were too worn out on the sides... So now they are trying to make me buy the tires from them.

So here is my questions: shouldn't they had realized all that stuff was bad/worn out on my H2 on the first alignment???

I kind of feel like I'm getting a little bit ripped off.
Please advise guys.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:25 PM

This has happened to me before as well. It is always a good idea to make sure the suspension is tight before getting an alignment. Most folks will just agree and say replace everything.

It all depends on the tech working on your car.

I have discovered that because of the size of tires we run, front suspension components tend to wear on a accelerated schedule. I have 120k miles on mine and shocks still work great.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:41 PM

sounds like they want you to keep buying from them.
I have a 07 H2 with 27K, and it had a slight pull to the left. Took it to a local shop and got it fairly straight. had to go back in and have my steering wheel straightened out....it was off to the right, just a tad, but I'm ****.
My rig was pigeon toed, which caused the pull. If they can't get it to go straight, maybe have it checked somewhere else.....

Old 09-16-2011, 06:08 PM

go elsewhere... good shop would of had it tracking straight the 1st time or would of immediately identified all parts that needed replacement.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:29 PM

Find a good alignment shop, those hacks obviously don't know what they are doing. In order to perform a proper alignment the first thing the tech should do is check for play in the suspension. THAT IS STEP 1. if they skipped that the first time then they are screwing you. get your money back and go somewhere that has a good reputation in your area.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:11 PM

I took mine to the Hummer Dealership and they told me my Left front wheel bearing/race was loose causing the tire ware, they fixed the bearing problem and checked the Alignment and it wasent needed...........no signs on any tire ware, going on 14,000 miles.......