PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

i got the bird from a prius driver today

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 04:09 PM
Default i got the bird from a prius driver today

its been an interesting hummer day. not only did i barely escape death at the hands of an evil soccer mom, i got the bird from a prius on the interstate(freeway if yuo prefer). He was with his fam (lady, 2 kids, anyway), and cut me off whilst flipping le bird out the window. hopefully unbeknowst to him, i got a covert thumbs up from the boy (15ish).

the irony of this is interesting, as while the vehicles may be polar opposites in some ways, they are both very much a social statement vehicle, and in that they have more in common than most sets of wheels.

Old 05-19-2006, 05:07 PM
Default RE: i got the bird from a prius driver today

Prius Owners = POMPOUS[:@]

Old 05-19-2006, 10:19 PM

That must be the thing to do this month. While I was at a stop light, I saw a flash behind me. It was 2 women in a Kia taking my picture and by the way they were acting, I think I might end up on fuh2. I still can't believe some of these people have nothing better to do. I could never stoop so low as to hate someone because of the choice of vehicle they drive. THE HUMMER....it seems to bring out the good and bad emotions in everyone.[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 05-19-2006, 10:51 PM

Should of drove over that little piece of ****
It was like years ago and might be still is animal lover threw paint on mink coats

Old 05-19-2006, 11:22 PM

ELF...remember this idiodic display of igonarance and bliss...

HUMMER BURNING

What's so laughable about these left wing pinko groups like ELF is; They’re a bunch of ignorant self righteous hypocrites...and useless oxymorons.
For example;
They caused more pollution by burning and devaluing everything, a hundred times over more than the SUV could have ever done, just running down the road minding it's own business...That’s kinda like when you hear about these psychos killing an abortion doctor...In the name of preserving life..[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Private message to an a-hole lurker..Be sure to send this to DipSh!tplasterer now

Old 05-20-2006, 03:00 AM

ORIGINAL: blackstangs281

That must be the thing to do this month. While I was at a stop light, I saw a flash behind me. It was 2 women in a Kia taking my picture and by the way they were acting, I think I might end up on fuh2. I still can't believe some of these people have nothing better to do. I could never stoop so low as to hate someone because of the choice of vehicle they drive. THE HUMMER....it seems to bring out the good and bad emotions in everyone.[sm=dontgetit.gif]
man,i FREAKING LOVE that site, i ordered the bumper sticker, which is going to adorn my truck along with one for www.hummerdinger.com if i can find one, if not, i'll just have one made.

nothing says "whatever, man" quite as slickly as that, i think.

tonight i worked until about 10, and then drove around where the kids go - the friday night hot spots (i'm 31, so i'm not all that much older than the typical bar crowd aroudn here) - with my younger brother. It was alot of fun, alot of fun. Driving by the hot bar in town (club for people from larger places ), we got whistled at and a guy came up to talk to us at a stoplight, asked about the hummer, all that. Driving by the alterna college bar, we got some thumbs downs, and on our way out of the social-part of town, some guy in a 70's olds cutlass, belching oil, ripped by us, flipped us the bird, and screamed "fck you you fckin rich fcks", some very nice elderly lady walking her dog talked to us at a stoplight, said one of her sons had one of these, and she never quite understood it, asked if I liked it, and said "well i hope you boys have a good night". It honestly seems like a majority of people, at minimum, stare as you drive by. Or gawk, is that the word?

What a trip. This thing is entertainment on wheels, i couldn't rustle up this much fun walking butt naked painted pink down the street. I spent a few hours of the mornign driving around in an '06 Range Rover Sport, and it was really a very nice ride [ups: well controlled noise at even highway speeds, carish driving if that suits your sensibilities more than the larger SUVs, comfortable seats. downs: its not very "sport", you could hose that thing with an escalade so badly that it would have wished it was a Buick (i'm a slow driver, so that's not important to me) , but its faster than le hummer anyway, passenger space was cramped, rear passengers don't realistically have a shot at comfort, ride was carish in its jolt/clunk rather than jiggle a bit over the broken roads in these parts, highways noise different than the H2, less wind noise, more road noise, ride quality worse than the H2 on the highway, different in town]

The range, and the little mini-range (which i'd never driven before today) are flat-out handsome SUVs. But they turn about 5% as many heads as the hummus. Maybe in other parts of the country they'd fair better in that department, but here that thing might as well have been a '99 Monte Carlo. The local hummer/caddy dealer let me play with the Range - traded in on a Caddy CTS-V.

on our evening cruise (no drag racing) we yanked 14.6 mpg. Its soooooo funny to me that i get 13-15 with that thing. much to do about nothing, i guess. until this weekend when i've got some big offroad plans... i suppose i'll get about 2 pumping through the muck of our family ranch (and, hopefully, establishing what an H2 can do that my '05 3/4 Silverado can't). But you know what? Arianna Huffington wastes alot, lot more energy than me and my hummer. cuz baby, i've only got one house and no private jet.

Man do i enjoy this thing, i hope i can do it justice off roading over the weekend. We've got swamps, we've got hills too steep to drive in a pickup, we've got massive rocks half-in the ground, and if i get really brave, we've got some pretty bad rock piles (not the little ones) to try to scale. Maybe hear that underbody cage grinding on some granit

Old 05-20-2006, 06:26 AM

DAMN...Good luck in the SWAMP and all...Let us know the outcome[sm=signs003.gif]