Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   Hummer H2 (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h2-8/)
-   -   hummer h2 oem grease points? (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h2-8/hummer-h2-oem-grease-points-43563/)

rpelich 08-19-2020 03:09 PM

hummer h2 oem grease points?

hey guys! im wondering what needs to be greased regularly on a 2003 hummer h2 with mostly oem parts?
i got moog for the ball joints and tie rods so i of course know i need to grease those but im wondering what else needs to be greased which is an oem hummer h2 part?

thanks!

LoJac963 08-21-2020 10:30 AM

grease fittings location - Hummer Forums by Elcova

rpelich 08-21-2020 12:56 PM

thx for the reply but any clue why it seems like the manual for a 2003 hummer h2 doesnt say anything about greasing? or maybe i missed it

LoJac963 08-23-2020 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by rpelich (Post 376683)
thx for the reply but any clue why it seems like the manual for a 2003 hummer h2 doesnt say anything about greasing? or maybe i missed it

No idea. I know back in the day everyone said to hit all the grease points at every oil change. I never did, maybe once a year at best. Then I added more aftermarket parts with more grease points and it became crazy for me lol. I think I'm up to 20 points. Luckily mine is garaged and only taken out a few times a month.

rpelich 08-25-2020 02:21 PM

ahh great thanks for the reply! do u know how long it would take approx to grease all of this? im just gonna find someone locally to do it off craigslist but they seem to eb giving absurd quotes

LoJac963 08-27-2020 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by rpelich (Post 376870)
ahh great thanks for the reply! do u know how long it would take approx to grease all of this? im just gonna find someone locally to do it off craigslist but they seem to eb giving absurd quotes

Oh it's not bad at all. I mean I can't imagine it would even take remotely close to 1 hour. None of the points take much grease as long as they have been maintained.

Doc Olds 08-28-2020 11:38 AM

Youngsters. I remember when every car/truck made had grease fittings for top and bottom ball joints, all steering rack moving parts, sway bar links, and many had more. It was a ritual gone through every oil change, just like checking tire psi and oil level at every fill up.

Now days people need tire pressure monitors and oil change lights to get them off their azz to take care of business. :D

LoJac963 08-28-2020 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds (Post 376948)
Youngsters. I remember when every car/truck made had grease fittings for top and bottom ball joints, all steering rack moving parts, sway bar links, and many had more. It was a ritual gone through every oil change, just like checking tire psi and oil level at every fill up.

Now days people need tire pressure monitors and oil change lights to get them off their azz to take care of business. :D

No kidding. I forgot what vehicle I bought where there were ZERO grease points. I searched around under that thing for an eternity convincing myself there had to be a zerk somewhere lol. Couple that with auto transmissions which are "oiled" for life and I really start scratching my head.