PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to replace a radiator on an H2

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 08:59 AM
Default How to replace a radiator on an H2

im replacing my radiator today, can't find any tech on how to replace it tips and tricks. Any help would be appreciated

Old 03-26-2018, 06:48 PM

To be honest I've never done it but I have replaced the A/C system (A/C compressor, condensor, dryer ertc) so I imaging a similare procedure.

Possibly involves:-
  • Removing the air-filter.
  • Removing or support the hood (bonnet in UK English)
  • Removing the "cross-member" that covers it.
I too would be interested to know if there is an easier way!

Old 04-14-2018, 03:09 PM

I just replaced mine. An '06. It was easier than when I had to replace the radiator on my Jeep.
Frist thing if you get the new radiator on line make sure it is undamaged before you start the job. I ordered one and when it was delivered I was not home to inspect it. A few days later when I had pulled the old one I found that the new one had been damaged in shipping, which leads to another story....
Anyway, The hardest thing about changing the radiator was disconnecting the lines for the oil and transmission coolers. They have small snap retaining rings that hold the lines into the radiator. Once these lines have been disconnected the rest is easy. Take the cross beam off the top of the radiator remove the upper and lower hoses and it should just lift up and out. Remember when removing the cross beam to support the hood it's not light. Also there is a bolt under each horn mount that holds the top cross beam to the front frame.
Put everything back together remember about the oil and transmission line connectors, don't drop those retaining rings and make sure they are properly installed before you connect the upper and lower hoses.
reinstall the cross beam. I would suggest getting all the bolts started than tighten everything up.
Check and refill your fluids. purge the system and that should be it. At the most maybe 2-3 hours without beer. Longer with beer.

Old 04-22-2018, 08:03 AM

Just now while driving i heard a "bang sound" and all the sudden temp shot up. Stop at the driveway and found out radiator exploded front left side cover. Gonna fix this asap. Will let u guys know the procedure later. Tq for the info Dry Heat,definetly will help