PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

how to remove front console

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Default how to remove front console

Hey i was wondering ho wto remove the front console to get to the stereo, I tried taking the 2 bolts off but it seems like tehre is something holding it back by the cigarette lighters. Do you have to take out the center console where the gear shifter is??? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Default RE: how to remove front console

ORIGINAL: Cali Man

Hey i was wondering ho wto remove the front console to get to the stereo, I tried taking the 2 bolts off but it seems like tehre is something holding it back by the cigarette lighters. Do you have to take out the center console where the gear shifter is??? any help would be greatly appreciated.
Here's some instructions with photos https://www.hummerforums.com/m_3005/tm.htm

Old 05-04-2007, 05:49 PM

i think lhb's link is for the H3. do a search for "console" in the H2 forum and find the one started by H24Cabo, that's got the instructions.

Old 05-04-2007, 05:54 PM

ORIGINAL: shortbus

i think lhb's link is for the H3. do a search for "console" in the H2 forum and find the one started by H24Cabo, that's got the instructions.
I just noticed that blunder now. Here the right link : https://www.hummerforums.com/m_21489/tm.htm[&:]

Old 05-04-2007, 08:10 PM

wow guys thanks for all the info, i tried searching for itunder a bunch of different names but couldn't find anything so finally posted.

thanks again, but it does seem a little more complicated than i thought, I am not so sure i want to take out the console between the seats.

Old 05-04-2007, 08:33 PM

it's a walk in the park, don't be such a sissy . . . . .

Old 05-04-2007, 09:39 PM

ORIGINAL: shortbus

it's a walk in the park, don't be such a sissy . . . . .
That's shortbus's way of saying, "you're welcome, give it a go!"

Old 05-04-2007, 11:11 PM

actually, it's really not that complicated, the biggest bitch is remembering the screws in the console under the rear stereo, i almost ripped the plastic off until i looked at the manual again. it's just a lot of screws to remove, and getting the outlets for the A/C lined up when putting it back together, pretty simple. and if you decide not to do it, well, i guess maybe you're not really a sissy . . . . . sissy . . . . .

Old 06-04-2007, 09:12 PM

The biggest bitch is removing the cigarette lighters. I can't remember if we had to remove the center console to remove the front console or not. I replaced the entire front, center and rear console pieces and painted them red to match my h2. Taking it apart and putting it back together was like a big puzzle. Luckily I live in South Bend and they had two books that are actually from the H2 plant that basically told me how to build the Hummer from the group up, this made it SO much easier! Good Luck!

Drew

Old 06-05-2007, 02:28 AM

Just give us a call after 10am pacific time, one of our techs can go over it wil you.
1-866-714-9988

Quick Reply: how to remove front console