PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hitchcam and H-Cam - out of business???

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Default Hitchcam and H-Cam - out of business???

Tried to contact Hitchcam in Santa Fe Springs, CA for a part I need for our fantastic H-Cam. This is the backup camera mounted high in the center liftgate light, near the top of the roof. Excellent camera, but a part broke, so I need a replacement.

Seems www.hitchcam.com is down, and so are their phone numbers.
When did this happen?!?

Does anyone know where I may be able to get replacement parts?

Maybe there is a bin of them somewhere in somebody's house. Or someone knows where the ex-employees are, so I could contact them to see if they know where the bin of parts are hiding?

If anyone has one of these cameras, even broken, that I could use for parts, let me know.

Now if this sounds desperate, that is because it is. I do not want to throw out this expensive camera. Thanks.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:44 PM

Odd indeed, or so I thought. Looks like some shake up at least. I was able to find a little info, like the fact that they had several offices apparently. Do a Google search for

5800 Bandini Blvd., Commerce, CA 90040

And then look for

HitchCam

Might get somewhere.

In the meantime is it possible to repair the unit you have? They are exceptionally hard to ruin. The guts on them were not even multi layer pcb's so one could reasonably repair it at a component level if the right part could be identified but thats the Ham operator in me sneaking out.

Good luck