PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

HELP!!! My lights are out

Old 05-22-2017, 07:04 PM
Default HELP!!! My lights are out

Ok, so my truck sat for a little bit and I decided to drive it the other day.
I noticed that my headlights are not on.
I have the HID conversion. I have the ballasts and bulbs. They were both working without issues the last time I drove it. Now the issue is they are both out. It seems weird they would both go out at the same time.
The last time this happened it was the relay, so I went and got a new relay.... and they still arent on.
My foggies light up and the rest of my lights, as they are wired to do the day time running lights. So they are on all the time.
So, I tried all I could with the light switch to get the lights to flicker... Nope. Nothing.
The switch still lights up orange and green and appears to operate since if I move it around the foggies and cab overs will turn off and on.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?
Or what might be the issue

Thanks

Old 05-29-2017, 03:32 PM

Here's my story.......
It may or my not apply to you;
Had an issue with a fuse one day... ( shorten the story ) when I was done under the hood I was not a happy camper and I slammed it pretty hard, not hard enough to crack the hood but hard enough.... Next evening I jump in to go and no lights at all, now I'm a pissed off camper, next day I start on that issue. Going through the fuses, the wires, the switch. Finally got out my multi-testers. Unplugged the light an found I had power, as a matter of fact I had power at the end of BOTH plugs... Turns out my slamming the hood snapped BOTH filaments in both the bulbs ( who woulda thunk) but I shoulda started with the basics, check the bulbs, check the wires ( for power and shorts ) and work back from there... Sorry I hope I don't sound like captain obvious, but I knew better and yet I jumped to assume it was something huge... Well like I said that's my story, it may or may not help you, but who knows it might help some one later...

Old 06-13-2017, 10:51 AM

E-dragon, you were right. Thats pretty much what happened. As hard as it was to believe the coincidence. Thats what happened.
Dont know what happened, maybe a hard bump or something, but sure enough (after testing and replacing every single damn circuit, relay and fuse) I bought some OEM replacement lights, plugged them in and viola.... light.

Thanks for the heads up.
I swear Hummers and their gremlins

Old 06-13-2017, 11:10 AM

Whats really odd with that is that HID bulbs do not have filaments. HID bulbs can go bad though. I've had a bad one fry ballasts before. Fried 2 ballasts trying to figure out what the heck was wrong. I'm not using HID on my H2, I have LED headlights in it. On my GMC Sierra I have the Denali projector lights and those are HID. Finally bit the bullet and ordered some high end ballasts and bulbs from The Retrofit Source and have not had a problem with them since. The cheapo chinese ones seemed to never work for more than 6 months to a year. Another one that surprised me was the difference between the cheap ballasts and the high end ones. Even with the cheap bulbs - tried one in each headlight and the side with the high end ballast was literally twice as bright as the side with the cheapo ballast.

Either both ballasts died, both bulbs went bad, or something else odd.

Old 06-13-2017, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
Whats really odd with that is that HID bulbs do not have filaments. HID bulbs can go bad though. I've had a bad one fry ballasts before. Fried 2 ballasts trying to figure out what the heck was wrong. I'm not using HID on my H2, I have LED headlights in it. On my GMC Sierra I have the Denali projector lights and those are HID. Finally bit the bullet and ordered some high end ballasts and bulbs from The Retrofit Source and have not had a problem with them since. The cheapo chinese ones seemed to never work for more than 6 months to a year. Another one that surprised me was the difference between the cheap ballasts and the high end ones. Even with the cheap bulbs - tried one in each headlight and the side with the high end ballast was literally twice as bright as the side with the cheapo ballast.

Either both ballasts died, both bulbs went bad, or something else odd.

could you link me to where you got your lights and i am hoping to find matching fogs/lower DRLs also

Old 06-13-2017, 06:06 PM

Check this thread.... I posted a lot about them the other day.

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...ighting-38445/