Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Help to identify cut harness wiring (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/help-identify-cut-harness-wiring-39021/)

H2Miami 11-13-2017 08:49 PM

Help to identify cut harness wiring

2 Attachment(s)
I dont know when or who or why are these wires cut
Can anyone tell what are these wires for

Everything is working properly but someone cut it for some reason

Attachment 26504

Attachment 26505

calif phil 11-14-2017 08:41 AM

Maybe the GM dealer cut it when they did the heated windshield washer fluid delete. Who ever cut it did not do it right.

LoJac963 11-14-2017 12:01 PM

^yeah no kidding, pretty **** job.

Your best bet would be to put a test light on each wire and start flipping switches, turning dials, etc and see if any of the wires are hot. The harness looks factory but the tape, clips, and age but you'd have to test the wires and trace them back to their origination to see what they are really for.

If it were me, after completely testing them I would cut them back to the branches sections of the harness just to clean it up for eye appeal.

MixManSC 11-14-2017 12:13 PM

Yeah.... that would bug me. I'd be tracing it down to where it goes to determine exact what it is.

For what its worth, my 2003 does not have a ground wire attached to that bolt hole on the cylinder head there either. If that is stock then its something GM added after my year.

H2Miami 11-14-2017 05:50 PM

I will try to trace back to the switch . Possible yes is for a heater as on swich on the console isnt working . Nor even connected

Weird I just realized about it after many years owning the h2

calif phil 11-15-2017 07:52 AM

GM issued a recall to disconnect the windshield washer heater. They gave each customer $100 and disconnected the system. I had my local dealer do it to my 2006 LE. I asked them not to cut any wires. I got my $100 and then I found the company that makes the heated washer fluid systems and bought their redesigned kit and installed it on my H2.
While I rarely use it, I do like the fact that it functions like intended.

H2Miami 11-15-2017 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by calif phil (Post 348159)
GM issued a recall to disconnect the windshield washer heater. They gave each customer $100 and disconnected the system. I had my local dealer do it to my 2006 LE. I asked them not to cut any wires. I got my $100 and then I found the company that makes the heated washer fluid systems and bought their redesigned kit and installed it on my H2.

Thanks . Then the dealer cut it while I got the truck for repairs
Is the windshieldheather switch on the left next to the wheel?
I got a button there which isn't connected.
Fortunately is nothing to worry then

Baldfox 11-16-2017 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by calif phil (Post 348159)

Any more info on the redesigned kit ? Just curious really...

calif phil 11-16-2017 07:46 AM

Alphatherm is the company that makes the kit. I think you would like it.

AlphaThem has developed a universal heated wash unit, called the AT-37GM, that replaces the production GM unit.
The AT-37GM is AlphaTherm’s latest generation heated wash unit that will plug into GM vehicles without any necessary
modification. This plug and play unit, can be easily installed by yourself or by any repair shop in 15 minutes or less.
The AT-37GM exceeds the requirements of the original GM heated wash.
The module contains a higher quality plastic material, rubber seal around main cover, silicone coated electrical terminals,
new printed circuit board design with electrical circuitry rated two times higher than the original GM heated washer unit,
allowing the unit to survive a much harsher electrical environment.

H2Miami 11-17-2017 06:32 AM

I dont really needed . In Miami I need a freezer winshield :) washer instead . But cause is cheap not a bad idea to have for the road trips to the North
Thx