PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hello... New to the forum and a long time H2 owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Default Hello... New to the forum and a long time H2 owner

First, I would like to say hello and kudos to you guys on this forum, I am quite glad to see that we have one.
I have owned a few H2's in the past, my last one was an 06 with custom suspension and a built 6.8 L... It was great but I felt the need for more.
I tried other vehicles out there and my last was a 2011 Wrangler... To say the least and not disrespect the Jeep... I traded that sucker so fast and went back to an H2 as quickly as I was able to do so LOL
I just picked up an 04, mint condition and has 55K miles on it and loving it already!!!
I have a lot of preventative maintenance to do and will be flushing out all the fluids and lubes... Spark plugs, wires and all the front end suspension parts (Tie Rods -in and out- pitman and idler arms, upper control arms and lower ball joints) and possibly some trailering arms from Hotchkiss and new Fox shox.
Since I never owned a used Hummer before, is there anything I should be watchful for on this vehicle?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:45 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Old 09-11-2012, 10:22 PM

welcome to the forum!

it sounds like you have most of the important stuff covered for buying one used. also keep an eye on the roof marker lights in the front, they tend to leak.

go through everything and give it some tlc and it will treat you well for a long time.

glad you came back the h2, i love razzing the jeep guys with mine

steve

Old 09-12-2012, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by honda400ex2003
welcome to the forum!

it sounds like you have most of the important stuff covered for buying one used. also keep an eye on the roof marker lights in the front, they tend to leak.

go through everything and give it some tlc and it will treat you well for a long time.

glad you came back the h2, i love razzing the jeep guys with mine

steve
Thanks

The Jeep guys got too sensitive and too cranky when I posted a comment in their forum about me leaving and go back to practical...
I have owned a few jeeps in my life but none are an H2.

I will be doing some work on it in stages since I am two weeks away from leaving for the Army.

One thing I have learned for sure, it is much better to own a car you know all its problems than one that does not deliver.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:13 AM

Welcome back to the wonderful world of Hummer.. Nice to have back one who loves the Hummer brand..

Old 09-12-2012, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pappibri
Welcome back to the wonderful world of Hummer.. Nice to have back one who loves the Hummer brand..
Thanks!
I am still having a hard time understanding why this legendary brand is no longer in production.
Even when the gas prices were too high, people were buying these trucks left and right.
I wish they offered a Duramax/Allison Option but there are vendors out there like Predator that will do the conversion for you; I will be saving up for that!!