Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Heater Motor Controller - Fixed

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 05:47 PM
Default Heater Motor Controller - Fixed

Just thought it might be worth posting as these modules are so rare and mine was an easy fix, could be yours is similar!

The blower motor didnt run, tTook out the motor and controller which took 5 minutes.

Disconnected the motor and checked the controller O/P, at max speed Motor = 12V, min speed = 5V'ish no O/P with the motor connected. Checked the motor on a bench supply, was 100% OK and in good condition.

Pulled the module apart, just 5 plastic lugs and a torx screw in the back (behind the product label) BTW there's no resistor inside!

My module had two faults, a corroded track and a loose heatsink. Repaired the track and used thermal compound + a new insulating washer and it work 100%!

Root cause is condensation causing corrosion. Save some $$ fix it yourself!

Old 04-28-2018, 09:19 AM

Excellent info as always! Yeah the blowers on these (as well as the GM trucks and SUV's with the digital air) are PWM speed controlled instead of using a big resistor. Great info on a potential issue with condensation causing problems.

Old 05-01-2018, 04:18 PM

Its worth a shot at fixing, maybe I'll do a video..

Old 06-23-2018, 05:10 PM

Here in AZ it's 105 and my blower for the AC is acting up. It'll only work on high and it kicks in/out. Is this the same problem you experienced? Do you know the part number to replace this with. Mine's an '08? I might try and do what you did to get me by. Where is this thing located, any pictures?

Old 06-24-2018, 09:15 AM

Yes exactly the same fault with the fan kicking in/out.

So its the RH Passenger foot-well, just a coupl of screws to remove the panel, this will expose the module ( 2 screws)

Not sure about an 08, mine is 05 however my P/N is in the jpg. I've just checked on RockAutos site and believe your module is very different, good news though its very cheap see
here here
but please check your P/No

If this is correct the best way would be to buy a new module and fit it.

Attached Thumbnails Heater Motor Controller - Fixed-hummerblowercover.png   Heater Motor Controller - Fixed-hummerblowermodule.png   Heater Motor Controller - Fixed-blowermodule.jpg   Heater Motor Controller - Fixed-blowerpcb.jpg  
Old 06-24-2018, 05:15 PM

The fix for mine turned out to be the Motor controller thingy:

BWD 3, 2 Terminal HVAC Blower Motor Resistor
Part # RU1419 Line: BWD

$40

so glad.

Old 06-25-2018, 03:38 AM

Indeed so, as I mentioned

Old 09-25-2018, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by mulepic
The fix for mine turned out to be the Motor controller thingy:

BWD 3, 2 Terminal HVAC Blower Motor Resistor
Part # RU1419 Line: BWD

$40

so glad.
Turns out the blower is going in/out again. Maybe I got a dodgy part so I'll get another of these and try again. Could it be anything else?

Old 09-25-2018, 05:17 PM

Generic part? Probably a LOT more but I'd look into a genuine ACDelco part. I learned that on the stupid blend door actuators and it also bit me once on the knock sensors. Pulling your upper dash apart to replace that upper actuator because I saved $40 over a factory part was not worth it. The original one lasted 14 years, the aftermarket one lasted less than a year. On the knock sensors.... even worse because you have to pull your entire intake manifold off. Turns out the generic ones are also not well attached to the body so when you try to remove it, it just spins in its housing so you then take a large chisel, and hammer it into it and then take vice grips to the chisel to get it back out. I've learned my lesson on certain parts that I know are a pain to deal with.

Old 09-29-2018, 01:58 PM

Well I replaced module again and I did replace both times w/ genuine GM part. So here's what is happening. The fan for the back seats seems to work just fine. It's the front fan/vents that won't blow air and if it does blow at all it will only blow at high speed. Do I need a new fan motor or is it the control panel on the dash or something else?

Quick Reply: Heater Motor Controller - Fixed