PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headliner removal

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 02:50 PM
Default Headliner removal

Newb here.. anyone know of a post or have details on a 2003 H2 headliner removal?
thanks

Old 04-13-2018, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by ironmantodd1
Newb here.. anyone know of a post or have details on a 2003 H2 headliner removal?
thanks
First question... What are you removing the headliner for? There might be an easier solution depending on what you're doing.

Anything you see attached to the headliner has to be removed for it to come out, the biggest pain in the *** being the visors, I've never been able to get my visors out. In the H3 they easily just unbolt. For whatever reason in the H2 they're near impossible to get out without breaking them or damaging them or the headliner

Old 04-17-2018, 04:27 PM

I am about to embark on doing this as I have leaks from A pillar and cannot stop them and would love feedback. I have read the other thread discussing the cab lights and the rails and have sealed the holes but still leaking.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by emericr
I am about to embark on doing this as I have leaks from A pillar and cannot stop them and would love feedback. I have read the other thread discussing the cab lights and the rails and have sealed the holes but still leaking.
Multiple things can cause leaks on the H2
- Marker light grommets
​​​​​- Sun roof drain tubes
- Blower motor door under wiper cover
- Windshield seal
- Door seals sagging
- Rusted bolts in the roof rails

I wouldn't take the headliner down unless it's a last resort. Getting a new one would be extremely difficult if you damage it.

Last edited by hummer_on_fumes; 04-17-2018 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-20-2018, 07:58 AM
Default headliner

OK so the reason i need to drop it is the top corner lamps. 3 of the 4 don't work (not bulbs) and the electrical connection is broken to the sockets. There was a sunroof leak and debris that has caused some rotting in the wiring at various points so there's no current to those lamps.. WOULD LOVE to not have to drop it.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:13 PM

Sometime this summer I'm going to pull mine out as well since I need to have it recovered anyways. Plan is to do some needed work on my truck first so I'll have something decent to drive. Then I'll bring the H2 in for a LOT of projects. Headliner, remote start, running wiring for cameras, air tank and compressor (suspension plus ability to use air tools, horn, etc), electric fans conversion, dual battery install, probably new leather for the seats, fix sunroof (opens but have to assist it closed by hand), add a ton of felt tape behind all plastics (stop all the dang squeaks), along with probably a half dozen other projects.

Old 04-28-2018, 11:38 AM

I did it last week. Not bad at all. Took my time and it was not a big deal. Google on how to take out the sun visors as it is not self evident, rest was easy.
My leaks were coming from the front cab lights and I am in process of sealing them.