PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlights (converting to LED)

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 08:29 AM
Default Headlights (converting to LED)

I had a headlight burn out, so I am going to change them to LED.

Is there something that someone would recommend with brightness and brand?

The factory bulbs in my opinion are not that bright compared to my other vehicles, so I would like something that is a clear bright white, (maybe a little tint of blue at most) but nothing that is a solid blue or yellow.

Thanks!

Old 05-16-2017, 12:21 PM

This specific one.
7" LED HIGH/LOW HEADLIGHT-LED Headlights-ËþæÚÆû³µÕÕÃ÷ÓÐÏÞ¹«Ë¾

The problem is they are hard to find. There are a ton that look similar or even identical but they are NOT the same. The trick to finding them now is to look for the packaging shots. The box they come in has a distinct look. They are OEM for many so you will generally not find them advertised as Tuff Plus. The distinctive look of the left and right parts make them easier to spot but you still have to hunt. They are ECE and USDOT stamped and are top notch very high quality lights with a stunning beam that pretty much rivals any HID setups.

I've found them as low as $140 for a pair but closer to $200 seemed to be more common. These have been directly tested against JW Speaker and other top brands and these are every bit as good. Unfortunately though, like I said, they are not at all easy to find. I have these in mine, as well as a Jeep we have and know a dozen other with them and everyone will tell you they are truly awesome. They totally blow away all of the really cheapo generic Chinese junk ones.

Old 05-17-2017, 12:03 AM

Almost any 7" round headlight will work in the H2 buckets. Some will require enlarging the bucket and other will not. Just search amazon or anywhere for 7" round LED headlight

Old 05-17-2017, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
Almost any 7" round headlight will work in the H2 buckets. Some will require enlarging the bucket and other will not. Just search amazon or anywhere for 7" round LED headlight
I went for truck lite 27270C

Amazon Amazon

I also got the anti-flicker harness. They dropped straight in without modifications. Am very pleased with the results.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:09 AM

Truck Lites in mine. Very bright. Made in USA and made to military specs.

Old 05-20-2017, 04:55 AM

I replaced the whole light assembly. Mine work great, high beams are ungodly bright and they have DRL & turn signals that I converted to DRL also so when it's rainy foggy out I have a extra set of yellow running lights. They were pretty much just plug and play, just had to use and adapter harness....

Attached Thumbnails Headlights (converting to LED)-img_2898.jpg  
Old 06-04-2017, 02:25 AM

Vision X XIL-7RDKITJK or similar but far cheaper eBay knock-offs. I'm running the eBay lights and couldn't be happier. Couple weeks for shipping and a little trimming on the buckets but no big deal. I'm also running matching Sylania Zevo 4114 bulbs in the drl housings and a 23" light bar with the drl cross pattern.
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 06-05-2017, 07:47 AM

Love the lightbar at the bottom. Didnt think about putting one there. Any details or close up pics on how you mounted it ?

Old 06-05-2017, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Baldfox
Love the lightbar at the bottom. Didnt think about putting one there. Any details or close up pics on how you mounted it ?
The light bar has the mounts on the linear surface instead of at each end. Removed the skid plate and underbelly guard as I don't see offroad duties. Bought two bolts with a shallow allen head but same bolt pattern as the bolts that hold the skid plate on. Still had to trim the brackets to clear the larger diameter bolt head. Tightened brackets to original frame holes and blindly lined up the bolts and linear nuts. Would have been easier with front bumper assemble removed.
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 06-05-2017, 04:31 PM

Looks good! Thanks for that... from the main picture it looks like it belongs there!

Quick Reply: Headlights (converting to LED)