PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlights (converting to LED)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
This specific one.
7" LED HIGH/LOW HEADLIGHT-LED Headlights-ËþæÚÆû³µÕÕÃ÷ÓÐÏÞ¹«Ë¾

The problem is they are hard to find. There are a ton that look similar or even identical but they are NOT the same. The trick to finding them now is to look for the packaging shots. The box they come in has a distinct look. They are OEM for many so you will generally not find them advertised as Tuff Plus. The distinctive look of the left and right parts make them easier to spot but you still have to hunt. They are ECE and USDOT stamped and are top notch very high quality lights with a stunning beam that pretty much rivals any HID setups.

I've found them as low as $140 for a pair but closer to $200 seemed to be more common. These have been directly tested against JW Speaker and other top brands and these are every bit as good. Unfortunately though, like I said, they are not at all easy to find. I have these in mine, as well as a Jeep we have and know a dozen other with them and everyone will tell you they are truly awesome. They totally blow away all of the really cheapo generic Chinese junk ones.
We can sell the Tuff Plus lights for $155 shipped to the lower 48 should anyone want some.

Old 11-12-2017, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Marco93l
I had a headlight burn out, so I am going to change them to LED.

Is there something that someone would recommend with brightness and brand?

The factory bulbs in my opinion are not that bright compared to my other vehicles, so I would like something that is a clear bright white, (maybe a little tint of blue at most) but nothing that is a solid blue or yellow.

Thanks!
i got these from AMAZON and they are very bright, i am very happy with the choice

Amazon Amazon

Old 11-12-2017, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by E-dragon
I replaced the whole light assembly. Mine work great, high beams are ungodly bright and they have DRL & turn signals that I converted to DRL also so when it's rainy foggy out I have a extra set of yellow running lights. They were pretty much just plug and play, just had to use and adapter harness....
i like how your hood all black. have you changed your chrome parts to black yourself? if so how?

Old 11-13-2017, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by hakan
i like how your hood all black. have you changed your chrome parts to black yourself? if so how?
Thanks,
Pulled the grill, sandblasted it and painted with black chip guard paint, H2 emblems I covered with two colors of chameleon carbonfiber wrap and did one color on my bumper inserts, put on a new black fuel door, then some aftermarket rims and that took care of the last of the bright shiny things...
More pics here: https://www.hummerforums.com/g/user/39532

Old 11-13-2017, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by MixManSC View Post
This specific one.
7" LED HIGH/LOW HEADLIGHT-LED Headlights-ËþæÚÆû³µÕÕÃ÷ÓÐÏÞ¹«Ë¾

The problem is they are hard to find. There are a ton that look similar or even identical but they are NOT the same. The trick to finding them now is to look for the packaging shots. The box they come in has a distinct look. They are OEM for many so you will generally not find them advertised as Tuff Plus. The distinctive look of the left and right parts make them easier to spot but you still have to hunt. They are ECE and USDOT stamped and are top notch very high quality lights with a stunning beam that pretty much rivals any HID setups.

I've found them as low as $140 for a pair but closer to $200 seemed to be more common. These have been directly tested against JW Speaker and other top brands and these are every bit as good. Unfortunately though, like I said, they are not at all easy to find. I have these in mine, as well as a Jeep we have and know a dozen other with them and everyone will tell you they are truly awesome. They totally blow away all of the really cheapo generic Chinese junk ones.
We can sell the Tuff Plus lights for $155 shipped to the lower 48 should anyone want some.

Do you have to cut the bucket for these to fit ??

Old 11-13-2017, 04:37 PM

Yes. You will need to cut the back of the buckets open to fit them it. It is very easy though and its only the black plastic bucket. You can still put the stock lights back in just fine as well and unless you were to fully remove the lights and the plastic buckets it is not in any way visible nor do you have to cut enough that it will affect mounting in any way (including reinstalling the stock lights if you wanted to).

Old 11-14-2017, 03:55 AM

Some of you might have seen this before, but if not, this is my friend's old H2 in russia. He stuck G-wagon lights in his... turned out great. Even had headlight washers!

https://www.drive2.com/l/6849026/
(you can open in google chrome and translate the page)

Old 11-14-2017, 08:36 AM

So are the Truck-lites the only ones that will fit without cutting the bucket out ??

Old 11-14-2017, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by TeeStu
So are the Truck-lites the only ones that will fit without cutting the bucket out ??

No I doubt it. There are so many 7" round lights out on the market now I am not sure if anyone would know. I don't think JW Speaker lights require cutting the bucket either but they are too expensive.

Enlarging the rear of the bucket doesn't change anything. I could even reinstall my stock lenses if need be and the aiming or holding of the lenses wouldn't be affected at all. I've even seen the Philips lights I have down to $89 per pair. You can't beat that at all!

Old 11-18-2017, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by TeeStu
Mine didn’t fit either, but on mine the gap between the locking ring and bucket was minimal so I just tightened them down... If I recall right, I had about 3/16” of a gap keeping the outer ring of the light from seating so I just got it even all around and screwed the ring down, but, with that said, I did have the whole assembly sitting on my workbench. Turned out good, my lights were aimed ok, just a little bit low (lol still should fix that one day) the cool/weird thing about them is the cutoff of the beams, there is almost null for light outside the focus area... Hmmm, example, at night going under trees it doesn’t light up the branches overhead, LOL, took me a bit when I first drove with them to realize that was happening, the focus pattern is.... welll .. very focused, big enough between the two of them to light the road with no issue, but they don’t light much else. No big deal for me, IF I need more light I certainly have more than enough in auxiliary. I will say the high beams on those headlights are the shiiiit, incinerating bugs at distance and small children at close range, even at a good distance if your in the beam pattern you’d probably think Jesus is coming. It is a ungodly bright WHITE light. The useable light (the distance it illuminates non reflective objects) far exceeds the speed that a Hummer will go..

Last edited by E-dragon; 11-18-2017 at 05:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Headlights (converting to LED)