PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

harder to turn left than right

Old 06-03-2019, 08:09 PM
Default harder to turn left than right

hi guys got another tech question. I brought my H2 in for a wheel alignment got a call saying that I need a power steering box pitman arm and inner tie rod. I have replaced everything and 2 months ago i replaced my power steering pump so now with a wheel alignment and a appointment for new tires tomorrow. Heres the ? now that everything is done its harder to turn to the left and when you turn to the right it feels good anyone have this happen

Old 06-04-2019, 07:28 AM

Honestly not sure myself. Maybe the steering stabilizer is binding up in some way?

Old 06-04-2019, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by flynripped
hi guys got another tech question. I brought my H2 in for a wheel alignment got a call saying that I need a power steering box pitman arm and inner tie rod. I have replaced everything and 2 months ago i replaced my power steering pump so now with a wheel alignment and a appointment for new tires tomorrow. Heres the ? now that everything is done its harder to turn to the left and when you turn to the right it feels good anyone have this happen
Ive been battleing the same thing for a while now. I thought my mechanic had tightened up the adjustment on the steering box. This was after i had him do the pitman and idler arm and complained about the way it was handling after. This weekend it was really acting weird with some steering wheel shake. When i got home my front right wheel was smoking as the caliper was seized. I swapped it out with a new one and low and behold my steering feels way lighter. I was ready to teplace every component in my front steering and suspension. Probably not your issue. But worth looking into.

Old 06-04-2019, 11:27 AM

Put it up on jack stands and cycle it side to side and see what it’s doing. You get underneath and have someone turn the whee, l you can probably do it by grabbing the tire and turn it back and forth.I had my gearbox rebuilt ( because I didn’t want a different box) I was able to turn my wheels from the tire really easily. I think you will get a better understanding of what is going on with it.

Old 06-04-2019, 12:52 PM

i remember reading that bilstein steering dampers also have that effect i think rancho as well because they work more like shocks then the OEM one that just dampens