PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handsfree calling

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 07:33 PM
Default Handsfree calling

[sm=dontgetit.gif]Okay Folks. Anyone know for sure who the carrier is for the hands free phone in the H2? For some reason I thought it was Verizon. Situation is this. I am tired of paying $1 a minute and for the same mysterious reason, I thought or heard that the truck could be added on a Family Share plan. Problem is I live and work in BFE. Verizon cells don't work so well around here, but the phone in my truck works GREAT. I am stuck...Ideas would be welcomed.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:37 PM
Default RE: Handsfree calling

Verizon

Old 08-23-2007, 07:40 PM

You can put it on your Verizon plan if you have one. If not, your stuck with buying minutes. I buy them. It's cheaper for me to do that than $9.99 a month.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:45 PM

ORIGINAL: hmmrgrl

[sm=dontgetit.gif]Okay Folks. Anyone know for sure who the carrier is for the hands free phone in the H2? For some reason I thought it was Verizon. Situation is this. I am tired of paying $1 a minute and for the same mysterious reason, I thought or heard that the truck could be added on a Family Share plan. Problem is I live and work in BFE. Verizon cells don't work so well around here, but the phone in my truck works GREAT. I am stuck...Ideas would be welcomed.
I have Verizon service on our handsets too, but don't use the handsfree cuz I use a Bluetooth earpiece. You don't like using BThmmrgrl?

Old 08-23-2007, 07:50 PM

Blue tooth is okay. I have a motorola bluetooth, and I can't hear very well over the "windshield noise" of the truck. I've got the BT turned all the way up, but I still find myself, going "What?"

Old 08-23-2007, 07:58 PM

turn the radio down. and to verify who your service is with, just call 611. the difference between what you perceive as possible bad verizon service in your area and what kind of reception your H2 gets (assuming its verizon) is that you're using a portable inside a steel can with small windows, which is not a radio friendly environment. your H2 has an external antenna with a large steel ground plane underneath it that picks up the signal far better than any portable ever can.

as for the windshield noise, take off the plastic rail on the sides and apply some thick double stick tape, then reinstall them. that should help.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:05 PM

Wait, Bus. The Handsfree works great. The Blue tooth sucks. I have been comunicating with a Verizon rep online and tehy don't offer coverage in this arae. I take it back. They offer "extended" coverage. What I'm trying to find out is if the regular cell phone coverage supposedly doesn't work well here, why does it work so well in the truck?

Old 08-23-2007, 08:15 PM

Maybe try to experiment with another BT type. I have tried just about all of em' but keep going back to my reliable Motorola H700 model. I drive with the sunroof open often and don't really have exteriornoise issues.[/align][/align]If your handset is not working well....maybe you have an older model with less gain? I upgrade my phone every year anddropped call seems to be less of an issue even in weaker areas for me.[/align]

Old 08-23-2007, 08:19 PM

Thanks Bass. I am thinking what you said about a different BlueTooth makes sense. I currently have Sprint as my regular cell phone carrier and it works pretty well. But the phone in my truck ALWAYS works. Know what I mean? My contract is just about up with Sprint (9/12/07) and I think I might try that Verizon 30 day trial thing before I commit. I guess I really never thought that one BT could be better than another. Thanks for your input!

Old 08-23-2007, 08:21 PM

You gotta know... I ripped a mirror off of my pick up holding the phone and driving at the same time...[sm=bangbang.gif]

Quick Reply: Handsfree calling