PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Halo lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 09:17 PM
Default Halo lights

Hi everyone! I'm a total newbie here and my question is this. My husband has a 2003 H2 and I am looking to buy him some white halo headlights as a surprise for his birthday. I am overwhelmed online with the options and not sure which direction to turn. Can anyone lead me in the right direction? Any and all suggestions appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Old 06-03-2018, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Motomilf
Hi everyone! I'm a total newbie here and my question is this. My husband has a 2003 H2 and I am looking to buy him some white halo headlights as a surprise for his birthday. I am overwhelmed online with the options and not sure which direction to turn. Can anyone lead me in the right direction? Any and all suggestions appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Pretty much all 7" round headlights will work. Depending on the model, some will need the headlight bucket enlarged for the light to seat properly in the housing. It's not a difficult project at all. Wiring will also need to be done for the halos-usually ran off a 12 volt ignition power so they are on all the time.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Old 06-03-2018, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
Pretty much all 7" round headlights will work. Depending on the model, some will need the headlight bucket enlarged for the light to seat properly in the housing. It's not a difficult project at all. Wiring will also need to be done for the halos-usually ran off a 12 volt ignition power so they are on all the time.

Let us know if you have any other questions!
Thank you so much for the help!

Old 06-03-2018, 06:51 PM

Keep in mind though. About 85% of the no name Chinese made ones are utter crap. Likely somewhat better than stock headlights to an extent but still garbage that will only last a year or so before they die. Cheap ones tend to leak and fog up, have poor heat sinking that will cause the LED diodes to start flickering and then die, poor beam patterns that either blind everyone or just really do not put a lot of light on the road in front of you, and ridiculously high color temperatures (which have less useful light to humans - 4000k to 6000k is ideal), etc. I'm just not sure of any of the top brands that specifically have halos though. I'm sure some do.

Old 06-04-2018, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Motomilf
First of all...great user name. I literally just asked this same question a day or so before you did. Based on feedback, I think I may go with the 7" Truck-Lite LED headlights, and for the bottom driving lights just replace them with LED bulbs. They do not have halos but they seem like the best quality and don't require modding. You don't want to get a Chinese halo light that will leave you stranded in the dark

Driving light LED bulbs Driving light LED bulbs

7" Truck Lite headlights

Old 06-04-2018, 09:28 PM

I installed these in October 2015:

Amazon Amazon

Maker is BrightSky (no name) with what said Phillips LEDs. I have never had a problem with them even with all my offroading which has rattled them to death. Not a single LED is out after all this time. I can also say, these are brighter than my Truklites were which I considered junk for light output.

Buy what you want, if you want to go cheap then give it a shot. Worst case you're out $100. If you want to spend top dollar than go with a name brand. I've had luck with mine and every other Chinese light bar I've owned....which my 2 is peppered with light bars and LED lights from China lol.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:47 AM

Cowone combo LED Cowone combo LED
I bought a no name brand combo with foglights as well. Only had them for about 6 months but no complaint so far.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by emericr
Cowone combo LED I bought a no name brand combo with foglights as well. Only had them for about 6 months but no complaint so far.
did you have to buy any wiring adapters or modify the oem housing?

Old 06-07-2018, 01:46 AM

I bought the trucklites, can confirm on my 09 i didn't need to enlarge the buckets, it was a direct drop in. I also bought the anti flicker harness to go with them too (also from trucklite). Trucklite also do some matching DRL sized lamps too which could look cool too (although I didn't get them).

Old 06-08-2018, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by hummer_on_fumes
did you have to buy any wiring adapters or modify the oem housing?
Yes, I had to buy adapters (less than $15 for both) and they are plug-ins.

I did have to cut off the oem housing and remove the existing fog lamps. It is not just plug and play.