PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Rattling Vibration Noise

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 01:05 PM
Default Rattling Vibration Noise

I did a search before starting this thread butwasn't reallysure if the posts I read pertained to this or not.

Ever since I got my H3 back from the dealer after the Head replacement - I have had this very irritating noise (NEVER had it before that)and which of course is hard to describe..ummmm a vibrationtype rattle? It seems like it is coming from behind (On the other side) the stereo/AC panelarea. It occurs when I have come to a stop or very slow crawland then begin to accelerate again...happens constantly and then will stop once I get moving again.

I took it back to the dealer and they had it for 3 days calling me daily to tell me that they could not diagnose the problem.5 days later they call me and tell me it's ready and that it was an "AC hose." I drive it about 2 days and back comes the noise..slowly to begin with and then with a vengeance. I just hate to have to part with it again so soon for another week, but I know it must go back! Any similar experiences? Any ideas?

Old 02-17-2007, 01:28 PM
ZOO
Default RE: Rattling Vibration Noise

I had the same issue. It turned out to be a nut missing on the engine heat shield. Ihope this helps.

Old 02-17-2007, 01:40 PM

Thank you ZOO Any other ideas would be appreciated by all so that I may refer to them when I take it back in since they obviously DON"T know what it was.

Old 02-17-2007, 01:56 PM

It's the heat shield like ZOO said, around the exhaust manifold..

Old 02-17-2007, 02:07 PM

Thank you Denny [sm=kissykissy.gif] You boys are just sooo smart! You should be workin as consultants for GM LOL (aren't I jus gonna look soooooo smart when I take it back in and suggest they take a look at the engine heat shield around the exhaust manifold! [8D]

Old 02-17-2007, 02:12 PM

And one last question pertaining to this..if this is indeed what it is. I plan to drive it next Thurs approx 2000 miles again to the mountains...Since their track record seems to be a week turnaround, I obviously can't get it fixed more than likely before then.Do you perceivea problem to drive it on this trip?

Old 02-17-2007, 02:25 PM

Absolutely not Sarah..take your Mountain trip and enjoy..nothing mechanically is the matter that will get hurt driving it..Just an annoying rattle of some sheetmetal.

And your are so welcome baby cakes[sm=love.gif]

Old 02-17-2007, 02:26 PM

Those tech's should be on there knees to the Queen Hum [sm=hail.gif] The only wayyou could make itany easier for them would be if you screwed the bolt in yourself. They should be ashamed of themselves keeping your chariot from you for so long.

Old 02-17-2007, 02:30 PM

OK! I'm a happy Hummer gal doin the [sm=wootwoot.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]dance now!
[sm=thanx.gif]

Old 02-17-2007, 02:32 PM

Well Mr H3X show me where the bolt is and I will screw it on myself! LOL

Quick Reply: Rattling Vibration Noise