PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock H3 CD/NAV Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 03:37 PM
Default Stock H3 CD/NAV Question

Hey all. First time post here. I don't actually own an H3 yet but I ordered one 2 weeks ago. I ordered the CD/DVD Nav system without XM since I already have a Sirius plug-n-play receiver. I have read almost every post on this website and others and I am now overloaded with information. I was hoping my fellow H3 owner's could help me out. There are 3 components I need to help with, an Aux. input, hardwire power and antenna.
1) Aux. input: From what I have read the stock system does not have an aux. input, correct? If not, I have seen the PIE GM12-AUXV2. This seems like a straightforward piece of hardware but on PIE's site, their own compatibilitychart says it won't work on the H3. (http://www.pie.net/images/appguide/appl_aux.pdf)Is this just incorrect? If it will work, does it need any other hardware for the OnStar, etc? Does anyone know the best point of connection (splice) for the 12V power on the GM12? How about the best point for the ground wire?
2) Power: My Sirius receiver runs off 5V. I don't plan on buying a new receiver since I love my plug-n-play. I just bring it in every night so I can lised on my home cradle. I would like to hardwire it so I don't have to plug into the Cig. Lighter/Power plug. Any hardware options for the 12V-5V conversion?
3) Antenna: I have heard that for XM radios the On-Star Antenna also received the XM signal. True? I didn't order the H3 with XM but I assume the antenna is still the same. I know XM and Sirius antenna are not compatible but I have seen the following adapters (http://www.tss-radio.com/sirius-ante...er-p-3883.html). Since I don't have my H3 yet I have no idea what antenna feeds go where. Since I didn't order with XM I suspect they wont put the antenna lead in. I would rather not have to mount a new antenna on my H3 since there is already one of the roof for On-Star. Anyone have ideas on my options here.
Thanks all...