Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   Hummer H2 (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h2-8/)
-   -   H2 transfer case (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h2-8/h2-transfer-case-28923/)

bigstick0000 09-23-2012 09:49 PM

H2 transfer case

I have a small leak from the very bottom of my transfer case. Can any one tell me how difficult it is to reseal the transfer case with RTV. The dealer told me there is no gasket, only RTV. What is involved to do this? Thanks for you r help and knowledge

H2CANEPADESIGN 09-26-2012 03:32 PM

May as well just go to your local lube shop and have em change the fluid in the t-case. they will have to reseal it when the reinstall the pan.

S Reynold Gudam 06-28-2015 06:13 AM

Seems like we have the same problem here. Anyone please share?

H2Miami 06-28-2015 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by H2CANEPADESIGN (Post 285175)
May as well just go to your local lube shop and have em change the fluid in the t-case. they will have to reseal it when the reinstall the pan.

I dont think shop need to remove the pan to change fluid . When I serviced mine it was only remove plugs

tharber 03-31-2020 08:26 AM

No gaskets on the transfer case. Its a pain in the ass to get out as its heavy and awkward. I recently had mine serviced along with a new transmission and watched the whole process. You will need a good transmission jack or something similiar that's for sure and I don't thunk I'd try it at all laying on the ground. A fluid change might help if the existing oil is old and thin.

Tim

650Hawk 04-08-2020 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by faella (Post 371944)
Hey everyone, i have a 2006 H3 3.5L and I get this reasonably loud howling sound when I am pressing on the gas pedal. It sounds like it overlays the normal engine sound. It begins around 35mph, i have only taken it up to around 55mph and the sound is still present. If i let off the gas pedal, the howling sound stops completely. It will resume as soon as I press the gas pedal again. My tire tread is semi aggressive but >75% tread life.
snaptube vidmate

Please go away.

madmike 07-02-2020 02:36 AM

Only use gear oil in the transfer case. . Dex trans fluid recommended by dealer only grinds your tcase to powder with no viscosity. Did my buddys H2. Transfer case is filled with gears. 260K on my tcase changing the gear oil in all three sumps every30K and still going strong.

Gussybear8 09-17-2020 09:29 PM

Transfer case vs transmission

Are we perhaps confusing transfer case fluid with transmission fluid? I want to change transfer case. Videos I’ve seen just show a drain plug and fill plug to remove.

Originally Posted by tharber (Post 371955)
No gaskets on the transfer case. Its a pain in the ass to get out as its heavy and awkward. I recently had mine serviced along with a new transmission and watched the whole process. You will need a good transmission jack or something similiar that's for sure and I don't thunk I'd try it at all laying on the ground. A fluid change might help if the existing oil is old and thin.

Tim