PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H2 tranmission lifespan?

Old 08-13-2016, 10:07 PM

Question: My 4L65E is over heating all the time and with 380K I was wondering if anyone swapped in a 6L80E or 6L90E. Better gas mileage and difficulty?

Old 12-27-2016, 05:13 PM
Angry I'm putting my fourth transmission in H2

Well this is the fourth transmission replacement/overhaul on my H2, Getting the new factory crate. 3 Year 100,000 mile guarantee. 148,000 miles. Thats after $2,000 of work last week. Grrrrr!!!!!! I've had it since it was new. Crummy!!!! I will never sell it though. Now I need tires next. Won't make the winter with what I got.

Old 01-06-2017, 05:51 PM

Hi H2CANEPADESIGN,

Originally Posted by H2CANEPADESIGN
Sorry for taking so long to reply. The supercharger didn't add any heat issues at first, but as my rig aged and my campers got larger it started to become a problem. the Magnusson has a heat exchanger that keeps intake temps down but the biggest problem I found was the stock radiator on this model was too small. I had a constant issue and was chasing the problem until I upgraded the radiator. I did dual electric fans, bigger trans pan, larger trans cooler but the large dualrow Product Search - Be Cool radiator fixed the problem.
Is the linked dualrow radiator a smooth bolt out - bolt in swap of the OEM radiator or has there been modifications needed that this guy fits in?

Could you pls post links for the dual electric fans, the bigger trans pan and the larger trans cooler?

And pls post some pics of the installed items so that we can se what we gonna do next months ;-)

Originally Posted by H2CANEPADESIGN
The trans lines run through the radiator unless you have already rerouted them, so with hot coolant temps comes hot trans temps. My trans runs cooler now and my coolant doesn't ever go above 200 no matter what I'm doing. We do go camping in the mountains in the summer which can get over 100 so it does good now.
Little irritated on that reroute comment - are the trans lines running originally through the radiator and you rerouted them to a separate trans cooler (the one you mentioned)?

Thanks

Lars