PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2 Sunroof Drain Hose

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 07:55 PM
Angry H2 Sunroof Drain Hose

Both of my drains are blocked. Ordered 2 new (updated version) from GM. Tried to take apart dash to get to hose. No WAY I'm getting into that. Spent 2 hrs trying to get at the hose after it leaves the post and enters the dash. Way to much work. Put it all back together.

Question:

Does anyone know where the hose exits too? Can't find it under the hood or truck. Its a 2003 with 24K miles on it.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:07 PM

Hi bri5150

I've never had reason to dismantle a dash in order to run sunroof drain hoses even though I was a sunroof installer for going on ten years. Sunroofs actually have four drain hoses. Two in the front and two in the back.

I could be wrong but, I'm assuming you're referring to your two front drain hoses.

If you're planning on replacing the hoses any way, I'm more than sure you could just remove the top ends of each drain hose from the plastic "nipples" into which they connect and cut the lower part of these hoses at any point where they are no longer visible.

Provided that your replacement hoses are long enough, (and they are usually longer than you really need) you can simply run them down the "A" pillar and route them down behind the toe kick trim on either side of the vehicle.

There is a small hollow space behind the toe kick that you can stick the bottom end of your drain hose into. When water from the sunroof drain hoses leaks into these small spaces, it drains out between the pinch-weld underneath the vehicle.

IMPORTANT! Before you connect the upper ends of your drain hoses to the "Nipples" on the sunroof, make sure to squirt some water down the drain hose to confirm that the water is properly draining out of the vehicle.

As always, this is a fairly simple procedure but, trying to explain it with just the written words makes it seem far more complicated than it really is.

If you're still not sure you want to tackle this job you can always contact the GM part department that you ordered your new hoses from and ask them to fax you the schematic/drawing showing the exact route of your existing drain hoses.

Whenever I came across a situation where I'd never worked on a certain vehicle before, I'd go into our parts department and ask them to print me out a schematic that showed how hoses or wires or circuit -or whatever I was working on- were routed.

This would generally save me alot of time that I would have otherwise wasted on taking apart things that didn't need to be taken apart.

Hope this helps.
Upholstryguy

Old 06-22-2010, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by upholstryguy
Hope this helps.
Upholstryguy
Nice post. I am impressed.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:52 PM
Default were do the front sunroof drain tubes exit??

I have searched and ive had the inner fenders out,a pillers out, the kick panels out and still havent found them. I want to know were the drains exit at 04 h2 hummer thanks

Old 05-19-2014, 04:33 PM

Off topic but where in the Arizona Desert are you at Upholstryguy?

Old 05-19-2014, 05:04 PM

is there a reason why you could snake it or blow some compressed air down it (and I dont mean compressed in a can... but moreso in a tank)

Old 05-21-2014, 10:56 AM

I found them drains mine are not blocked I poured some water down them to find them and see if they were blocked. Thanks

Old 05-21-2014, 05:37 PM

When I checked mine for leaks, I simply used my compressor and an air gun and blew some air out through the other end to make sure they were clear.

Works good.