PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H2 Passenger Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 12:04 AM
Default H2 Passenger Mirror

Hey I just got my first H2 and the passenger side mirror wont adjust using the controller on the drivers side of the vehicle. You have to manually move the mirror, like ol school kinds before they had motorized mirrors. Anywho, I am trying to find a repair manual or something that can help me take the mirror apart to find out why its not moving, is it a disconnected wire or is the motor bad or anyone else who may have had this same problem. Just trying to do some simple troubleshooting before I go waste $100 at the dealership for a diagnostic eval. Thanks!

Old 04-10-2012, 04:26 PM

It is a common problem. The motor in the mirror gets rusted and freezes. There is a thread on how to fix the mirror that was posted by Easy Ed. It works! I know, I had to do it myself.

Hummer Forums by Elcova - View Single Post - Driver Side Mirror Not Folding In

Old 04-10-2012, 05:18 PM

Now is this to get the mirror to fold in? Cause my mirror folds in but it won't adjust (tilt up, down, left or right). And are the directions the same for the 2008 as the 2005 to remove the mirror?

Old 04-11-2012, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by MattJames07
Now is this to get the mirror to fold in? Cause my mirror folds in but it won't adjust (tilt up, down, left or right). And are the directions the same for the 2008 as the 2005 to remove the mirror?
My bad. I assumed that was your problem because it is pretty common. As far as tilting left, right, up and down, I will make another assumption that you moved the selector switch to control the passenger side mirror. In that case I have no idea what the issue is.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:06 AM

I'll be damned. I've had my H2 for almost 2 months, and never knew this. I wonder if the dude at Mikes carwash screwed up my mirrors by pushing them in manually. They have since been replaced because I had an annoying vibration while going down the road.

Sweet!

Last edited by chesh97; 04-15-2012 at 07:14 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:11 AM

Yeah there is a buttton right below the mirror selectir switch that folds them in. My wife pushed mine in manually and it didn't mess them up any, should still work just fine.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:05 AM
Default mirrors

i have a 2005 h2 without the power folding mirrors wondering where the screw is to tighten the mirror whenever i close the door or a gust of wind the mirror pushes in and i find myself rolling the window down to push it back out

Old 06-13-2012, 01:14 PM
Default H2 Mirrors

I have a 2008 H2 SUT with side mirrors that will not adjust as well. I was curious if you ever found a fix for this.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:22 PM

Keep rotating the mirrors while pressing your controllers...i just had the same problem with my passenger mirror and i had my brother rotate the mirror until the rotor engine started operating the rotation again. I hope that works out for you if not,the rotor might be defected/damaged.

It might seem a little bit weird but it worked for me,if you don't want to risk it,i suggest you take it to a dealer and have them work it out. We all have different ways of fixing things.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:26 PM

Thanks for the input. I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.

Quick Reply: H2 Passenger Mirror