PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2 with loud clunking noise! (with video)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 09:26 AM
Exclamation H2 with loud clunking noise! (with video)

Hello everyone!

Well this started just two days ago... I was driving my H2 when all a sudden when turning this horrific loud clunk noise started to occur when I turn, it doesn't matter if I turn right or left it makes this noise. Immediately I thought it was the power steering fluid, so I checked and of course it did not have any... so I refilled it and fixed the leak. But even so it makes that awful noise any ideas on what it can be?

I live in Chile here in south america and also in a small town, going to a dealer is not an option. So please help?

Old 03-26-2013, 01:34 PM

Because you not have the sound when driving straight ahead, but only when you turn, there is something wrong in the right or left drive shaft ..... In actual knot ...

Old 03-26-2013, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by REBREATHER
Because you not have the sound when driving straight ahead, but only when you turn, there is something wrong in the right or left drive shaft ..... In actual knot ...
Perhaps... I got under the car and everything Looks fine just cant seem to spot anything wrong. Im just gonna have to take the car to shop...

Old 03-26-2013, 02:18 PM

You can not see if something is wrong if you put yourself under the car. You must remove the drive shaft to see if it is wrong.

Old 03-26-2013, 02:22 PM

Send me an email at Hummer_h2@hotmail.se
So I send you a picture of what the problem is

Old 10-05-2014, 04:44 PM
Unhappy Loud Clunking on Acceleration

Hi guys,
I read thru your posts and watched the video. My truck is making that same noise, but it isn't just when turning. It's happening on any kind of load or acceleration however not always. I was wondering what you came up with on this case??

I just put in $2,600 in new suspension stuff and now I'm hearing talk of replacing my transfer case.

My truck runs solid and outside of this clunking noise she's my champ. Please help??

Old 10-05-2014, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by toughchic
Hi guys,
I read thru your posts and watched the video. My truck is making that same noise, but it isn't just when turning. It's happening on any kind of load or acceleration however not always. I was wondering what you came up with on this case??

I just put in $2,600 in new suspension stuff and now I'm hearing talk of replacing my transfer case.

My truck runs solid and outside of this clunking noise she's my champ. Please help??

It was the transfer case and it had to be replaced due to a fork breaking inside causing major damage to everything even causing a hole on the case it self.

Well that was my case anyways hopefully it wont be yours