PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

h2 hummer unkown driver, key fob, door locks, windows don't work

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 01:30 PM

^^^ Ok, did you actually read any of the above posts?

its more than a lost key code...all kinds of **** isn't working in the cab. Plus he can't get a data connection w a tech 2. Something major (PCM, BCM) is not functioning.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Caraddict
Your key lost its code...if you have a second key try that..otherwise you will wave to go to dealer and get your key reprogrammed .

I tried the 2nd key and still nothing.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by bflorin
^^^ Ok, did you actually read any of the above posts?

its more than a lost key code...all kinds of **** isn't working in the cab. Plus he can't get a data connection w a tech 2. Something major (PCM, BCM) is not functioning.
correct... i have a tech 2 and i can't get it to read anything from the obd2 port. I even have one of those cheap orange code readers and keep getting the no link found. on the obd2 port, i have 11 volts on the orange whire, 1 volt on the purple wire (i think this goes to the pcm) and the grounds both have grounds (2 blacks). I have been looking for messed up wires all day. i checked all the fuses and all the fuses are good. just no link on the scanners, and it starts for a second and stalls and says unkown driver. today i removed the complete remote start (very easy because they didn't cut any wires when they installed it. They just cut the insulation of the wires and had it wraped around the wire. so it was pretty easy to remove the remote start. but still same problem. I just don't want to waste my money on wrong parts....

Old 09-15-2012, 04:25 PM

I'd lay money that your body control module took a ****... Just incase you missed it, these are the fuses that power the body control module.

I just checked all those and they all are fine.. they also all have power on all the fuses on both legs. I do have a question. If the BCM is bad, will i still get no link from the OBD2 port? I find it strage that i have no link with both my scanners (tech 2 and autozone special).

Old 09-15-2012, 04:43 PM

I checked the back of the body control module and the red wire doesn't have any voltage but the orange wire does on the big black connector. I don't know if this means anything to you guys?

Old 09-15-2012, 06:08 PM

Ok, besides the remote start are there or have there been any previous mods to the vehicle? Anything...

Old 09-15-2012, 06:21 PM

Ok, besides the remote start are there or have there been any previous mods to the vehicle? Anything...
No other mods except leveling kit and 37's... I used the truck 2 days ago with no problems. Yesterday i went to my truck and hit the unlock button *on the aftermarket remote start that has been in the truck sense 2005 * and the doors didn't unlock. I heard the relay clicking under the hood (fuse box) but the doors didn't unlock. So i used the key. than i got into the truck and tried to start the truck and it started and shut off and said unknown driver. All i did today was remove the remote start wires and unit. I found my original key fob from before the remote start, put a new battery in it and that doesn't work either. It is just strange that with the key in the on position and the code scanner doesn't connect at all and it doesn't let me roll down windows, lock doors, turn radio on, or dome light. I can put the truck in neutral, the hazzard lights work, signal lights work, the blower turns on. The pcm box is the one on the drivers side firewall? I even took the ecu out and checked all the pins and the wires all look good on the harness. Wondering why im only getting 1 volt on that purple wire at the PCM and at the obd2 connector. I think it should be reading more than that, and thats why i don't connect with scanner?

Old 09-15-2012, 06:37 PM

All very similar issues... The one longer thread looks like the guy bought a cluster **** cobbled together truck. All of them indicate some sort of ground or short issue. I still think its the BCM.

Gauge cluster issues, lights and gauges working randomly??? - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

Class 2 Communications Issue?? - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

Print Page - Electrical- Intermittent Alarm, No Start with Key, and False DIC Messages

Old 09-15-2012, 06:48 PM
Old 09-15-2012, 07:06 PM

^^^ There are lot of pages there, but it goes into high detail on testing the data, bcm etc... Enough to keep you busy for a day or two.

Quick Reply: h2 hummer unkown driver, key fob, door locks, windows don't work