PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2 Door panel clips available

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 05:13 PM

The H2 and H3 door panel clips are nearly identical. The difference is the thickness, this also applies to the Jeep Liberty part. They fit much more loosely then the H2 part.

As I mentioned, the Jeep part (and the H3 part as well) would work but not as well.

Bronteck makes a very good point, insurance companies would rather total your Hummer and pay you out, here's the interesting thing, they are actually making money doing this. I have a friend of mine that owns a Auto Salvage yard and top dollar is being paid for H2's. Every part that is specific to Hummer is like gold and he can ask stupid money for it and people will pay it.

At this point all us Hummer owners can hope for is that re-pop companies take the Hummer brand under their wing and start making products for them. I am happy that at least most of the mechanical parts were used from other GM vehicles.

Personally, I am collecting parts for the future just in case I need it, and it will be money in the bank. What you pay today will easily be worth double a few year from now and it never hurts having a spare. Finally, if you take a factory part off your Hummer (ie: Tonneau cover, spare carrier, roof bars, brush guard, etc) put them away and don't sell them. More then likely you won't find them again.

Either way, if you need to put them back on to get top dollar for your Hummer or sell them on the open market you will come out way ahead.

Old 06-22-2019, 08:13 AM

It has been like that for quite some time in regards to insurance. That is how Pacific Motors ends up with so many H2's. They specialize in buying insurance totalled vehicles. You can see them often times even driving a perfectly repairable H2 around their lot as they get ready to rip it to pieces and sell it for parts. They have started putting some vehicles to the side though and selling them as-is as repairable instead of parting them out.

Old 06-22-2019, 06:23 PM

yeah smart of them cause if they buy up all the trucks to part them out then there won't be any left for them to sell parts for. if no supply no demand.