PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2 alpha wish list

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 07:42 PM
Default H2 alpha wish list

well, H2 fans, what would you want for an "alpha" or a next-generation H2?

visual distinction from other H2s? better mileage? front lockers? more horsepower/torque? duramax? interior changes?

I kind of view the H2 as a 3-pronged vehicle. offroad performance, luxury/comfort, and attention-getting ridiculousness

i don't know enough about offroading to really have much to offer, but i think that a couple of things could be done.

-front lockers
-self-leveling air suspension front and rear, to give the potential for even more ground clearance if you want it

for lux/comfort

-body-matched piping as a dealer option on the seats (sell the piping, dealers can install it). i love piped leather seats, the H3 has that option. maybe contrasted seat inserts as well

-3 zone climate control in the LUX package

-rear seats recline farther, they are a little too upright now

-option for 2 buckets in the rear

for attention getting... i can't imagine they could improve on that, lol. just soemthing to distinguish it from other H2s i guess. body color paint on some of the plastic trim

Old 05-29-2006, 03:28 PM
Default RE: H2 alpha wish list

I'm sure a lot of people would love to see a diesel.

Old 05-29-2006, 03:31 PM

Oh and what about reduced weight, that would be good for a lot of things, handling and mileage amongst other things

Old 05-29-2006, 04:34 PM

yeah, reduced weight would be good. if its an "alpha" to be the flagship, make it an aluminum chassis if it would help...

maybe give it a 5-speed auto as well, with a lower-geared 1st gear and a higher-geared overdrive. better crawl ratio and mileage... with lower weight, the higher-overdrive shouldn't give shift-down problems at highway speeds...

Old 06-02-2006, 01:21 AM

i'd also ask for the whole spectra of modern safety features, i.e., a pile of airbags covering every angle.

Old 06-03-2006, 11:18 AM

I would want more space for "stuff". For such a big vehicle, there is very little room for anything but the center console. If you have the DVD, thats gone also.

Old 06-21-2006, 09:53 PM

I would like to see a transfer case with options. What I mean is the ability to manualy switch between 2wd and 4wd. Throwing it into 2wd for around town or freeway would save a ton of gas. Who needs 4wd when they are going to the grocery store? [8D]

Old 06-21-2006, 11:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Last_LS1

I would like to see a transfer case with options. What I mean is the ability to manualy switch between 2wd and 4wd. Throwing it into 2wd for around town or freeway would save a ton of gas. Who needs 4wd when they are going to the grocery store? [8D]
True, it would save a lot in gas, but are you aware that a full time four wheel drive system, or all wheel drive system is safer in all driving conditions then a two wheel drive system?

Old 06-27-2006, 04:20 PM

i think the 2wd option is a good idea. in most parts of the country, roads are never slipperier (sp?) than rain, andin those that deal with ice and snow... we're used to it, and just hit 4wd in our pickups and whatever when we can.

i think the bad press associated with the H2 over mileage should be addressed - and bringing it up to large SUV standards is a laudable goal, as it would add a measure of credence to what is currentlya preposterous propaganda campaign. how many times have i seen H2s called 8mpg or whatever? improve the thing, test the thing, and hve some public information available to ... to well, force discussions towards reality and mitigate some of the ability of the H2 to be singled out for slander.

i think the H2 should accept what it is, and not try to be a tahoe or a suburban. the rear seat isn't adequate for anybody over the age of 10, and with it installed cargo room trails other large SUVs.

the H2 is an offroad machine, and shorter to allow the sweet approach and departure angles, and an offroad machine it must remain, so the shorter design/lower cargo area must remain. so just make it REALLY comy for 5 (rear seat climate control, better rear seat, reclining and all of that) + great cargo room.

leave the seats-7 stuff to minivans and mee-too generic SUVs. a hummer is a hummer, the sports car of the SUV world, let it be as such.

Old 06-27-2006, 10:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Linus Gimp

True, it would save a lot in gas, but are you aware that a full time four wheel drive system, or all wheel drive system is safer in all driving conditions then a two wheel drive system?

Sure I do, and while that's true, I could also say that the safest driving condition would be to not drive at all. I just think it would be nice to have the option of 2wd sometimes.

I live in sunny San Diego California, so people here don't really have any concerns about driving conditions. It doesn't rain much, doesn't snow, once every 2 years it might hail...Heck! We complain about 55 degree winter!!

Greenblade, I love your posts!

Quick Reply: H2 alpha wish list