PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 03:51 PM
Default H2

Looking to buy a used h2 around 40-70k miles on it. I have a couple questions.

1. i have a 7 minute commute to and from work but in the winter i have to be there on call as i plow snow. is it worth it?

2. how do they hold up high mileage wise?

3. Is it worth the gas mileage? i know i don't have a far drive

Old 08-21-2012, 04:05 PM

If I were looking for a practical vehicle and had to be frugal with my finances I wouldn't have chosen a hummer. I'm at 99k now and I just spent 6500 on a new transmission and radiator. I have air ride and dropped about 2k to keep that about 6 months ago and then I also replaced various suspension components in the front end for about 1600. I also spilled battery acid in the rear end and spent about 4k restoring that. Bought a new starter for just under a grand. For me I just love driving one though, I still feel like a 6 year old boy on Christmas morning every time I get behind the wheel. My experience in snow is limited to what I've seen in North Texas and 2 years ago it was pretty bad but the hummer easily handled it. For gas millage if your a peddle to the metal kind of guy about 8-10mpg otherwise 11-14mpg for normal driving and 15mpg+ if you know how to hypermile it.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Pauldy
My experience in snow is limited to what I've seen in North Texas and 2 years ago it was pretty bad but the hummer easily handled it.
Sorry, I had to laugh at this. I was trying to get parts from vendors in TX during that. 2" of snow and everything was shutdown shipping wise for a week. Memory says it was right around the superbowl or some other big sporting event in tx.

Our plows don't even think about coming out unless there is 6" on the ground.

I've pushed through drift snow over the hood.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by ahayter
Looking to buy a used h2 around 40-70k miles on it. I have a couple questions.

1. i have a 7 minute commute to and from work but in the winter i have to be there on call as i plow snow. is it worth it?

2. how do they hold up high mileage wise?

3. Is it worth the gas mileage? i know i don't have a far drive

1 Unless you got a block heater or remote start, that engine would never heat up to operating temp in 7 minutes in the winter.

2 They hold up proportionally to how well they are cared for and maintained by their owner.

3 I always tell people, if you have to ask- it costs to much I get about 8.25 MPG.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:50 PM

well i had a lifted 84 chevy pickup me and my uncle restored before this so i'm used to going out and starting it in the cold, snowy ohio winters

fuel mileage on that was about 8 and i was in the throttle all the time but i would still drive it if i didn't blow it up. from what i read people love there hummer so much that they forget theyre getting horrible gas mileage

Old 08-21-2012, 05:47 PM

If any of us gave a ****, we'd all be driving a Prius

Old 08-21-2012, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by bflorin
If any of us gave a ****, we'd all be driving a Prius
Hahaha so so true.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:51 PM

If you are worried about gas then a Hummer my not be what you are looking for. As far as holding up I have 108k on mine and I have not changed anything since I have owned it. I think it rides better than any 4x4 I have ever had and It still turns heads every where I go.
If you do buy one just celebrate it for what it is my man.... "Its a Hummer"

Old 08-21-2012, 08:41 PM

I've been in love with them since I was a kid and have always wanted one. Thanks guys you've helped make my decision!

Old 08-22-2012, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by ahayter
I've been in love with them since I was a kid and have always wanted one. Thanks guys you've helped make my decision!
Great!! Post some pic's when you make the move.