PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Gas tank question

Old 03-02-2012, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by nlhummer
I used to live in the Netherlands and over there your road tax just about doubles when you install lpg. SO you have to drive a lot of miles to pay for the difference

Here we pay the same. And for cars that come with LPG from factory like the chevrolet aveo, they get 50% off from taxes of getting a portuguese license plate.

emtae001: With a quick search I came up with these two:

Auto Gas LPG - -FULL CONVERSION KIT

Tinley Tech Limited Sequential Gas Injection Systems - Special Offer

Just search google for the following for example:

lpg kit site:.co.uk

That will point you to some United Kingdom websites selling kits.

or ebay: lpg kit 8 cylinder | eBay

Hope this helps

Old 03-13-2012, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Cashville
Here we pay the same. And for cars that come with LPG from factory like the chevrolet aveo, they get 50% off from taxes of getting a portuguese license plate.

emtae001: With a quick search I came up with these two:

Auto Gas LPG - -FULL CONVERSION KIT

Tinley Tech Limited Sequential Gas Injection Systems - Special Offer

Just search google for the following for example:

lpg kit site:.co.uk

That will point you to some United Kingdom websites selling kits.

or ebay: lpg kit 8 cylinder | eBay

Hope this helps
PM sent

Old 03-13-2012, 12:42 PM

I don't know the BiGas SGI kit. As for the difficulty of the installation, here is a guide I found that might help you out:

GAS KIT Installation Guide

Old 03-14-2012, 10:44 PM

I don't know the BiGas SGI kit. As for the difficulty of the installation, here is a guide I found that might help you out:

GAS KIT Installation Guide
Hi Cash. sorry more questions. Is this conversion a difficult one to do on this vehicle as opposed to other ones? I had a mechanic say it was very difficult. All the lines to the injectors had to be the same size, the manifold has to be removed to install the injectors, if the tank is placed in the vehicle it has to be vented to the outside. Thanks

Old 03-15-2012, 10:41 AM

No problem, unfortunately I don't know the difficulty of the job..
As for the manifold being removed, my father's white H2 has the BRC LPG system installed, and there are broken and rusted bolts on the manifold, so I know for sure the manifold wasn't removed for the installation, otherwise the bolts would be new. As for the tank being vented to the outside if placed in the vehicle, I have never heard such a thing, and doubt it is true.

Do you have other mechanics that you can ask? I wouldn't put this on the hands of someone who hasn't done it before..

Regards

Old 04-06-2012, 03:48 PM

No problem, unfortunately I don't know the difficulty of the job..
As for the manifold being removed, my father's white H2 has the BRC LPG system installed, and there are broken and rusted bolts on the manifold, so I know for sure the manifold wasn't removed for the installation, otherwise the bolts would be new. As for the tank being vented to the outside if placed in the vehicle, I have never heard such a thing, and doubt it is true.

Do you have other mechanics that you can ask? I wouldn't put this on the hands of someone who hasn't done it before..

Regards
Well it looks like I'm going to do it. Going with the BRC kit. Can you send me some pictures of your engine bay and the specific locations where evrything was bolted on yours? The ECU, Vapour, filters, injector rails. Thanks

Old 04-06-2012, 09:41 PM

I don't know if the kit is going to be the same as mine. I'll try and have the pics for you in the next few days.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:51 PM

LPG is not the same as propane.
In Europe LPG is a mixture of propane and butane if I remember correctly

Old 04-09-2012, 12:44 PM

I don't know if the kit is going to be the same as mine. I'll try and have the pics for you in the next few days.
Thanks. I'm just looking at locations where they installed the ECU, the injectors regulator and filters. Thanks

Old 04-09-2012, 07:45 PM

Ok I don't know were to post this.if u can help me thank and I can't figure out how to make a topic or what ever it's called. I have been having a crappy ride in my truck vibration wise. So I just tried something. I took my gas cap off and drove home from work about 9 miles and with no gas cap on the truck. Now my engine light should have came on, nope nothing. Again I'm sorry but I didn't know where to post this

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gas tank question