PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

which fuse to disable air ride compressor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 07:53 AM

also dont want to remove any fuses since i do use the compressor on occasion.

steve

Old 04-29-2015, 11:50 AM
Default Tried the quoted post initially

fyr145,
I followed that post you quoted when I first removed the air bags. I did my homework on searches before posting That description is a little inaccurate IMHO. I did perform the dead head connection on the air lines to the bags. I got a little 1/4" air hose connection fitting and rerouted the original air lines from the top of the bags and tucked them under the rear bumper then connected them together with the fitting. So I didn't cut anything.... However the description in that post says that "fools" the computer into thinking the bags are always full/at full height is not correct. The height sensors still move and report a "need air" signal to the compressor/computer.

Same issue as posted by several folks where any weight or randomly driving the compressor would come on even after shutdown. But thank you for doing research as well. you have been a great help.

My warning message only happens once at startup and if I clear it does not return until the next startup with the chassis relay removed as we have been discussing. Just got done with some yard work so going to go back out to the shop and try first clearing all memory with disconnecting both battery cables then shorting them together (DISCONNECTED FROM BATTERY). When I pulled the relay initially I only disconnected the negative cable but I believe not everything in temp memory cleared because all my personal settings were still there in the DIC and I think radio still held my station presents. 2nd run will be to remove the fuse from the under hood block as you described and try that.

I was also contemplating going the redneck route on those height sensors and disconnect them from the upper rear control arms and just zip tying them in the suspension is full setting but that sure seems like a cheezy way to do it but hey if it works right!

One final thought on this post is modifying the chassis relay itself... I am a Jeep guy(and now also a Hummer Dude), own a 13 Rubicon Unlimited and an 04 TJ before that... One mod lots of Jeep guys did on their TJs to keep the fog lights on when high beams were selected was to do the same kind of jumper for the H2 driving light mod, I did that already by the way, was to cut off the blade on the relay to prevent the factory signal turning on the lights. Was thinking if there is a specific blade on the relay that turns on the compressor for height adjustment but not if you select the air hose "on" from the rear compartment that might work. So the comp may think it is commanding the compressor to air up but its not... May be crazy in my thought process but I will try the first two options and see what happens.

Old 04-29-2015, 12:12 PM

huh, that may just be crazy enough to work! the flashing message doesnt really bother me but others that get in and pay attention to my gauges ask me from time to time if i dont notice it fast enough.

after i disconnected the relay (without doing a full power down by disconnecting) i got the message all the time and couldnt get it to go away at all.

awaiting your results!
steve

Old 04-29-2015, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by honda400ex2003
i get the service air system warning on mine every time i drive it. compressor still works, the ends are capped, i didnt do the removal so im not sure where.

any tips on what to look for to get it off? Compressor works and holds air, runs for just a second on initial startup then shuts off but then about 10 minutes into my trip, it comes on the dash.

thanks,
steve
Steve,
I'm not quite sure what you are asking for. Are you needing to simply disable the compressor from turning on or are you asking about how to remove the warning notification on the dash?

Lon

Old 04-29-2015, 12:59 PM

I still want to use the compressor, mainly just want to get the warning off my dash. similar to what AZ looks to be trying to accomplish.

steve

Old 04-29-2015, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by AZ_Overdrive
fyr145,
I followed that post you quoted when I first removed the air bags. I did my homework on searches before posting That description is a little inaccurate IMHO. I did perform the dead head connection on the air lines to the bags. I got a little 1/4" air hose connection fitting and rerouted the original air lines from the top of the bags and tucked them under the rear bumper then connected them together with the fitting. So I didn't cut anything.... However the description in that post says that "fools" the computer into thinking the bags are always full/at full height is not correct. The height sensors still move and report a "need air" signal to the compressor/computer.

Same issue as posted by several folks where any weight or randomly driving the compressor would come on even after shutdown. But thank you for doing research as well. you have been a great help.

My warning message only happens once at startup and if I clear it does not return until the next startup with the chassis relay removed as we have been discussing. Just got done with some yard work so going to go back out to the shop and try first clearing all memory with disconnecting both battery cables then shorting them together (DISCONNECTED FROM BATTERY). When I pulled the relay initially I only disconnected the negative cable but I believe not everything in temp memory cleared because all my personal settings were still there in the DIC and I think radio still held my station presents. 2nd run will be to remove the fuse from the under hood block as you described and try that.

I was also contemplating going the redneck route on those height sensors and disconnect them from the upper rear control arms and just zip tying them in the suspension is full setting but that sure seems like a cheezy way to do it but hey if it works right!

One final thought on this post is modifying the chassis relay itself... I am a Jeep guy(and now also a Hummer Dude), own a 13 Rubicon Unlimited and an 04 TJ before that... One mod lots of Jeep guys did on their TJs to keep the fog lights on when high beams were selected was to do the same kind of jumper for the H2 driving light mod, I did that already by the way, was to cut off the blade on the relay to prevent the factory signal turning on the lights. Was thinking if there is a specific blade on the relay that turns on the compressor for height adjustment but not if you select the air hose "on" from the rear compartment that might work. So the comp may think it is commanding the compressor to air up but its not... May be crazy in my thought process but I will try the first two options and see what happens.
I would have to agree with you on this. Try the easy stuff first then work back to the more challenging stuff later. I would think by looking at the wiring diagram and the schematic that I sent you, that pulling that fuse in the fuse block should disable that system. But I dont know if that would also trigger another warning in the DIC.

My '07 H2 came with the springs already installed. So I never had the compressor issues. I did get a used compressor for it so I could have an on-board unit for my tires or anything else that needed air, but my system is incomplete, I might have to resort to doing some red neck modifications as well.

Are you here in the valley???

Old 04-29-2015, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by honda400ex2003
I still want to use the compressor, mainly just want to get the warning off my dash. similar to what AZ looks to be trying to accomplish.

steve
Steve,

How about if you tricked the height sensors on both sides into thinking that they are always correct thus wont send any signals to activate the compressor and no warning indications????

Old 04-29-2015, 06:13 PM

That's what I'd like to do, I'm messing with it right now actually. My flashing light on the height control doesn't go off after I hit it, so either it is confused going up or trying to go back down. Even after shutting it off and restarting it, its still flashing. Was off till I hit the button again messing with it to see what happens. Drained all the air out of the compressor port in back. Even jacked it up as high as I could with my jack to try to get it up all the way.

Steve

Old 04-29-2015, 06:34 PM

Steve, I'm curious as to how it works. Keep me posted. I'd sure like to install my compressor so I can have an onboard unit for inflation uses like everyone else is doing.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:06 PM

Unfortunately the bolts that holds the rod on the height adjusters are rusted on tight. I didn't want to break them off so I left them attached for now.

I couldn't get the rubber grommet off either so I'm Sol there too. What I may end up doing- cut the rods and either put the arms full up or full down. I'm not sure which way they really need to go when they are fully filled. Looks like all the way down would be best to put them but I'm not sure where the "proper" height should be. Obviously it isn't correct now.

My light just keeps flashing, sooner or later it will quit again but I'm not sure when.

Any suggestions on maybe just cutting the rods and putting the arms somewhere?

Steve

Quick Reply: which fuse to disable air ride compressor?