Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

DRL's + headlights simultaneously..?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 08:24 AM
Default DRL's simultaneously

Good morning. Please supply detailed information as you offered to activate DRL's with headlights for your post. Thank you sir

rDRL's simultaneously
Originally Posted by shortbus
you can put a diode between your parking light relay and your drl relay to have the drls on with the headlights. during the day, on auto, only the drls are on. if this is what you're looking for, let me know, i'll tell you which relay contacts to jump between, and which way the diode goes.

Old 10-20-2016, 09:50 PM

You have impressed me with your knowledge sir. Can you add detailed directions explaining n how to facilitate my DRL's coming on at night to simulate fog lights? Don't even know what a dioDe is, NOT TO MENTION know where to purchase... THANKS

Old 10-21-2016, 11:14 AM
Default DRL's simultaneously

Hello I print off your document with pictures for installing a diode. Two questions. First will 18 gauge wire suffice as I'm unable to locate 20 gauge in my hometown. and how/which way does a diOde install? thank you[DRL's simultaneouslyQUOTE=shortbus;7800]you can put a diode between your parking light relay and your drl relay to have the drls on with the headlights. during the day, on auto, only the drls are on. if this is what you're looking for, let me know, i'll tell you which relay contacts to jump between, and which way the diode goes.[/QUOTE]

Old 10-11-2020, 12:44 PM
Default 2009 h2

Originally Posted by HummBob
Attachment 23365

Step 1: get some 20g wire, a 200v 1amp diode (Radio shack PN: 276-1102)

Step 2: Install the diode inbetween a line of wire. Or better put, get two pieces or wire and wire on to each side of the diode. You can solder it or wrap the wire around the diode wire and tape it up with electrical tape (NOT RECOMMEND, you should solder it)

Step 3: Remove the Prk fuse 10amp and the drl fuse 10amp.

Step 4: lift the park relay and drl relay and place the wire/diode ends (exposed wire) into the specific slots in the relay. 86/85 respectivily. Make sure the little grey strip, the cathode side, is point towards the PRK RELAY 86. Also make sure the diodes wires arent exposed and not grounding on anything.

Step 5: Replace the relays in their specific slots. Make sure to line them up correctly; they got numbers next to the contact points on the bottom so its really easy no to mess this up.

Step 6: Replace the fuses.

Step 7: Enjoy!!
I have a 2009 H2. The fuse box configuration in my H2 is different than yours. What fuses or relays would I use as mine are labeled differently. Please advise
Thanks.

Old 02-16-2022, 11:53 AM
Default Drls

Originally Posted by shortbus
you can put a diode between your parking light relay and your drl relay to have the drls on with the headlights. during the day, on auto, only the drls are on. if this is what you're looking for, let me know, i'll tell you which relay contacts to jump between, and which way the diode goes.
2008 H2, park Lt 86 and 85 are on the same relay. However I do have a separate 10 amp fuse marked dlr?

Old 02-16-2022, 01:30 PM
Default Sam C

Originally Posted by LOVEMYH2
Guys,
How do you do this mod on a 2008 H2? My fuse box and relays are different. Don't see a DRL relay.
I have the same problem, let me know if you get an answer.

Old 02-16-2022, 07:10 PM

The DRL and High Beam relays are PCB mounted relays so its not as easy as the early models.

I'm working on this for my truck but it looks like I'll have to add 2 relays to make it work for me

Neal

Last edited by legerwn; 02-16-2022 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-16-2022, 07:23 PM

Old 02-17-2022, 05:42 AM
Default Drl

There is no DRL relay on the 2008, only a 10amp fuse .

Old 02-17-2022, 08:16 AM

There are relays they're just not removable nor easily accessible. They are soldered to a PCB board.

I'm going to add 2 relays and use the high and low beam power at the fuses to control the control side of the added relays then pull power from the B+ terminal of the fuse box to power the DRL's when the headlights are on..

Neal

Quick Reply: DRL's + headlights simultaneously..?